Advanced and Defensive Driving Courses Wales (inc. Gwent, Dyfed, Clwyd, Powys, Gwynedd)
Wales is a county that is home to a wide range of fast, challenging rural roads. It’s this very reason why our advanced driving courses in Wales focus a lot on these sorts of roads. Rural roads are dangerous due to them being relatively fast and challenging, with numerous hazards, and twisty, turning roads, and varying road surfaces.
Areas in Wales where we cover:
We provide training in all areas of Wales, with the majority of our courses taking place in South Wales in areas such as Cardiff and Swansea and other locations such as Abergavenny We are not based just in these locations. We also provide training in other areas of Wales including Dyfed, Clwyd, Powys, Gwynedd and all areas in North Wales.
Type of courses we offer:
1. Advanced and defensive driving courses
2. Confidence driving courses
3. Refresher driving courses
4. Post RTC driving courses
5. Driving courses for business/fleet customers
6. Younger driving courses
7. Motorway driver training
We have been offering advanced driving courses in Wales since 2008. The routes we take are very much based on your location and the type of training you’re wanting. For example, a defensive driving course in Welshpool would over a wide range of roads including the A458 towards Barmouth, or the A483, south towards Llandrindod Wells, along with lots of other roads in between. A course starting in Haverfordwest would involve mostly all rural roads, heading east on the A40 towards Carmarthen, or north towards Fishguard, before diverting across a wide range of interesting and challenging roads.
We get a number of clients in more remote parts of Wales requiring motorway training. This is especially so for those that have passed their driving test locally, and have never driven on these roads – but need to! If you’re looking at a motorway driving course, and you’re based in an area of Wales, which does not have close access to a motorway, we would strongly recommend a full day, due to the time you would need traveling to and from the nearest motorway.
A solution around this, and if you would like to maximise time on the motorway, would be to meet a tutor closer to a motorway. Most motorway training in Wales is on the M4 in the south, or on the M50 heading into Gloucestershire if you’re based further north. For clients located in North Wales we have relatively easy access to the wide and diverse motorway network around the North West such as the M60, M56, M6 etc..
During training we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Benefits of taking driver training with us:
We’ve worked really hard to develop a service, which best fits with you, these points include:
* A bespoke service based around your needs
* Full UK coverage – includes Wales
* We only work with the most skilled and experienced DVSA tutors
* Each customer is assigned s personal course manager
* After each course, we provide a full driving report which includes notes from the tutor
Talk with us:
Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch.
We can answer any question you may have. Remember we can provide a bespoke course if needed, based on what you require. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish. After booking a member of our team will be in touch within 1hr during working hours.