Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Swansea
Wales is a great location for advanced driving courses, mainly for the diverse and often very challenging roads in the country. In Swansea, we have already helped a number of private customers and companies who wish to lower the road risk of their drivers.
We cover Swansea + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced driving courses based in Swansea cover a range of roads and road types, which is split into the following categories:
Often takes places in the centre of Swansea, or depending on the time of the day and traffic we sometimes provide urban training in places like Cwmbwria, Townhill, Uplands or similar. Urban based training is designed to help a driver become more aware of vulnerable road users like cyclists, and how to stay within lower speed limits, and get a better understanding of the various road signs and rules associated with urban environments.
Most serious accidents happen on rural roads, and so it makes sense to provide lots of training on rural roads. From the centre of Swansea, we often head out towards Llanelli on a range of challenging A and B roads. Sometimes we head out towards Ystradgynlais or similar.
Some of these rural roads in South Wales are often very quick and challenging, ideal for training drivers! We focus on forward planning, car control, cornering and how to read much further ahead so you’re never left surprised when things “suddenly happen”!
We use the M4 for all motorway training and usually fits in well with a days course, as we can build in the urban, rural and motorway training all in one. With motorway training, we focus on how to plan, observe and generally how to stay safe on these roads. We also help drivers with any gaps in their knowledge they may have on these roads.
Our advanced driving courses are designed for drivers of cars and vans, of all ages, experience and abilities.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
Advantages of training with us:
We’ve worked really hard to develop a service, which best fits with you, these points include:
* A personalised service
* Full UK coverage
* We only work with the most dedicated DVSA tutors
* Driving and road safety is our passion
* Each customer is assigned s personal account manager
* After each course, we provide a full driving report which includes written notes from the tutor
Get in touch:
Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch. We can answer any question you may have. Remember we can provide a bespoke course if needed, based on what you require. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish. After booking a member of our team will be in touch within 1hr during working hours.