Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses: Single Drivers
We offer advanced and defensive driving courses for companies across the UK. We are often approached by companies to train just one driver. This is often for a range of reasons, which include:
1. New Drivers to the Company – Often companies prefer a new driver takes an advanced/defensive driving course as part of their induction.
2. Young Drivers – Many fleet insurers require a young driver to take an advanced/defensive driving course before driving company vehicles.
3. High Incident Rate – If a driver is having a high incident rate, they often have to take an advanced/defensive driving course, often as part of their disciplinary.
We are able to help you should you be looking at training just one driver or one driver at a time within your organisation.
Our Course Key Facts:
1. Training is £250 + VAT a driver for a 3.5hr session and £350 + VAT for a 7hr session.
2. Full UK coverage
3. Training can start from any UK location (home or office)
4. All our tutors Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency Registered
5. We mark a driver in 25 areas of driving using our report forms. We score them from Excellent, to Poor. This is done at the beginning of the session, and at the end too, so you can see a drivers progress and how they have improved.
Benefits of Our Advanced/Defensive Driver Training:
1. Improve the levels of safety in your fleet of drivers
2. Demonstrate your Duty of Care
3. Help a driver who could be facing issues with their driving
4. Help safeguard the reputation of your business, especially if you have company branded vehicles
5. If you are looking to train 1 to 4 drivers, you can do this online via our booking system.
How a Course Runs:
The training is based on a drivers own needs and requirements, but all follow a format designed to get the most from the driver. This format includes:
1. An Initial Drive – For around 20 minutes the driver will drive how they usually do, with no tutor intervention. This helps us get an idea of what sort of driver we are working with, and essentially how best we can bespoke the training to them.
We then score them in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms a basis to build on the session, as both the driver and tutor can see the areas, which need to be worked on. This helps create a truly bespoke training session.
2. Coaching – The coaching element will look to develop the driver, based on their skills, experience and ability, taking into account the reason for the training. For some, it may be a group advanced driving course, for others it may be a one-off session for an at-risk driver.
3. Debrief – At the end of the course, the tutor will score their driving in a number of key elements again, and then compare it to how they did on the initial drive. This makes it really easy for them (and you) to see the improvements and in what areas, which have come about as a result of the training session.
Each driver is given a risk scoring from Low, Low-Medium, Medium, Medium-High or High risk. A report will be sent to you around 2-3 days after each training session.
We cover a wide range of elements with our courses, which includes:
1. Forward planning, observation and anticipation
2. Car control
3. Dealing with adverse weather
4. Speed awareness
5. The Limit Point (Advanced)
6. The System of Car Control (Advanced)
7. Dealing with Road Rage
8. Rules of the Road
9. Creating a positive driving attitude
10. Skid control and much more…..
Request More Info & A Quote:
To request more information such as a report example, and our eBrochure, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page.
A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 1 hour during working hours.