We offer advanced and defensive driving courses for private individuals across the UK.
We are often approached by individuals that have been advise by their solicitor, or sometimes their insurance company, to take an advanced or defensive driving course. This can be for a range of reasons, which includes:
1. Facing a Motoring Conviction – By taking an advanced/defensive driving course can help demonstrate that you are keen to improve your level of driving. While we will never claim an advanced/defensive driving course can influence the result of a conviction, taking a course with the genuine motive of wanting to become a safer driver, and recognising the shortcomings in your driving past, can be seen in a positive light.
We have a team of expert tutors who are here to help you. We can quickly arrange a course often before your hearing date, and then provide you with a report in pdf format, which indicates you have had expert tuition with a DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) approved tutor.
2. Having Had a RTC (Road Traffic Collision) – Often insurance companies request that you take an advanced/defensive driving course following a RTC. Such a course can really help boost your confidence and demonstrate to your insurer that you have taken driver training with a qualified expert.
Our Course Key Facts:
1. Training is £210 + VAT a driver for a 3.5hr session and £320 + VAT for a 7hr session.
2. Full UK coverage
3. Training starts and ends at your home address
4. All tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) Registered
.How a Course Runs:
All our courses are road-based, and take place in your own car/van. The course is bespoke and based on the needs of you as a driver, although follows a set format, which covers:
1. An Initial Drive – This allows our tutors to assess your level of experience and skill after the initial introductions and vehicle safety checks. We ask you to drive the way you normally do with no input from the tutor, for around 20 minutes.
We then mark you in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms an excellent basis to build on the session, as both you and your tutor can see the areas, which need most development. This helps create a truly bespoke training session.
2. Coaching – Based on the initial drive, the coaching will be designed around the needs and requirements of you, in an interactive and enjoyable way. We will be driving on a range of roads including urban driving, out of town (rural) driving, and motorway/dual carriageways. During this session there will be the chance for two way feedback, along with opportunities to recap what has been covered.
3. Debrief – At the end of the course there will be a two way debrief, where the tutor will provide feedback on the session, and where feedback from yourself is also encouraged. The tutor will again mark you on the 25 driving areas, which were looked at on the initial drive, making it very easy to see how you improved, to what extent, and in what areas.
Request More Info:
To request more information such as a report example, and our eBrochure, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page.
A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 1 hour during working hours. You can also contact us on 0333 567 0264.
You can also book a course online – more info selecting a full or half day session. You will be able to write in the notes section at checkout the nature of your course booking.