Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Ripon
We provide advanced and defensive driving courses to companies and private individuals in Ripon and all areas of Yorkshire (and the UK).
Being UK based we have a network of over 200 advanced driving tutors who are all fully qualified and registered with the DVSA (Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency).
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced and defensive driving courses are designed to help a driver:
- Iron our any bad habits
- Improve concentration and observation
- Have an improved level of car control
- Improve vehicle fuel efficiency (Eco-Safe Driving)
- Have a more positive view of safe driving
- Develop a better understanding of how to deal with driving in adverse weather
These are just a few things we can help a driver with. Our courses are designed and based on the specific needs of a motorist. So we can offer a general advanced/defensive course for a team of drivers – or a more bespoke session if required.
Remember – All of our on-road driving courses are bespoke to your own needs. This relates to both business and private customers
Our courses cover three main road types:
Motorway – In Ripon we use the A1(M) for this, sometimes heading south towards York and onto the M1.
Rural – Rural roads are the most dangerous roads in the UK so training on these is essential. From Ripon we often head North West on the A6108, Palace Road through various villages like North Leeds, North Stainley and West Tanfield where we introduce and practise a number of advanced driving techniques, which can really help a driver on twisty, challenging rural roads, such as the limit point and “running” hedge.
Urban – We use the centre of Ripon for lower speed, urban training. We often drive on roads such as Westgate, Fishergate, Skellbank and many more. We sometimes head out of the centre to more out of town areas if congestion is too much!
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
If you are keen to arrange an advanced driving course for yourself or your drivers in Ripon, please get in touch and a member of our dedicated team will be pleased to help you. Specifically, we can provide you with a quote, answer any specific questions you may have about your particular requirements, or look at possible dates where we can provide a training session or number of training sessions for you.