Bespoke Refresher Driving Courses – UK Wide
We help a wide range of people who need a bespoke refresher driving course, including:
1. Experienced Drivers – Those who have been driving for many years, and feel they would really benefit from a bespoke, refresher course to further help them become safer drivers and iron out any bad habits.
2. Return to Driving – Those who have not driven for a long while (sometimes many years), and feel a refresher course will give them a confidence boost to once again, get behind the wheel. Also ideal for those who have passed their driving test and have not driven since.
3. Returning to the UK – Those who have not driven in the UK for a while, after living abroad, and want to invest time in getting back up to speed with driving in the UK.
4. Post Accident – Those who have lost their confidence following a road traffic accident, and need to get back on the roads again.
5. Nervous Drivers – For drivers that suffer from nerves when driving on various roads (mostly rural roads and/or motorways) and feel a refresher session will help them give them back their much-desired confidence.
Whatever the reason for your refresher driving course, we can help you. All our courses are bespoke to the needs of you the driver and training can be in your manual or automatic car. In Central London, we can also supply an auto car for an additional cost. Outside of London, we can supply a manual car.
Learn more about what “bespoke training” means – more info
Learn more about what we offer as a business, which covers our advanced and defensive courses, and of course our refresher courses too:
“I was terrified about driving after so long, but your training really helped give me the boost I needed”
K. Adamson, Surrey
The exact training can be based on precisely what you want, from initially getting back behind the wheel, and doing very basic driving, to practising reversing, parking and more. Below are the typical things we do tend to cover in a session:
1. Forward planning and observation – Helping you to observe more effectively, so you’re not simply “reacting” to hazards but seeing them and planning.
2. Dealing with motorways – Restoring your ability and confidence in dealing with today’s busy traffic on a range of challenging roads including motorways.
3. Understanding other road users – How to develop a driving plan, which places focus on anticipating actions of other road users.
4. Dealing with rural roads – How you can adapt your driving quickly and safely on a range of roads including rural roads.
5. Dealing with adverse weather – How to improve your car control and powers of observation to remain safe in the rain, icy weather and other adverse weather, which is common in the UK.
6. Roundabouts – How to approach and confidently deal with busy roundabouts, with multiple exits and lanes.
7. Rules – Develop a more detailed understanding of the rules of the road, and various road signs.
8. Road Rage – How to cope with and defuse road rage (closely related to point 3).
9. Reversing and Parking – How to safely perform manoeuvres (reverse parking, reversing, turn in the road)
10. Reporting – For an expert to provide a fair and accurate assessment of your driving.
11. Facing your fears! – Some customers are scared of motorways, driving under bridges, taking left (or right) hand bends. No matter what is holding you back, we can help you face your fears with added confidence.
Talking & Opening Up: On the day of the course, you will meet your tutor for a further informal, non-judgemental chat before the driving starts. We have a carefully set of questions we ask at the start, designed to get a better understanding of you and how best we can help. We ask insightful questions such as:
- How you rate your driving
- What are your main fears and concerns
- What you want to achieve from the training
- What has motivated you to do this training
- What sort of driver you would love to become
The things you discuss here will form the pathway to improved driving confidence, which will be referred back to during your training with us.
“I needed a refresher/confidence course after a serious accident. Motorways terrified me. I not only regained my confidence, but I also eliminated some rather bad habits, which I didn’t realise was putting me at increased risk.”
M. Hickman, Kent
At a Glance:
1. We come to you for the training.
2. All training takes place in your own car, although we can supply a car for an additional fee if needed, manual and auto (in London and outskirts area for auto).
3. We have full UK coverage.
4. After the course we will send you a full report, which outlines your driving both before and after the training.
Our courses do vary in structure, although prices are based on duration.
3.5hr session for £300.00
7hr session for £432.00
2 x 3.5hr sessions for £480.00
3 x 3.5hr sessions for £670.00
4 x 3.5hr sessions for £800.00
5 x 3.5hr sessions for £920.00
Enjoy 12 Months FREE Concierge Service – When you take a course with us, you also enjoy a 1-year free membership with our Drivers Concierge service, providing a personalised, one-to-one helping hand for a range of motoring and driving assistance that you may need.
Book Your Course:
You can book online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/ and select “Refresher Course / Private” or contact us for more info