Driving Confidence Courses
We help a wide range of drivers of all backgrounds and experiences to become safer, more confident drivers. We offer a bespoke driving confidence course based all over the UK to help address your own specific needs.
All our courses are car-based, and we offer a 3.5hr or 7hr session.
Our Typical Customers Include:
- Post Accident – Those who have had an RTC (Road Traffic Collision) and wish to take additional driver training to help address their anxieties and give them back their control when driving.
- Fear of Driving – Those that have developed a fear of driving for any reason that they wish to address.
- Needing to Drive More – Those that generally lack confidence in driving, and as part of their job (or any circumstance) need to drive more, and so want to arm themselves with increased skills and added confidence.
- Lack of Confidence – For those that simply find themselves lacking in confidence and need help.
- Whatever your reasons, we have a team of caring, non-judgemental DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) advanced driving instructors who can help you with a one-to-one, bespoke course designed perfectly around what you want.
“As part of my job, I needed to do a lot more motorway driving. I hated motorways! My training gave me the confidence to tackle them, and I now no longer dread them.”
Ms A. Jennings, London
How a Course Runs:
All training starts from your home or office. We come to you for the training, not the other way around. We can also provide training on a weekend too. After you book a course, your tutor will call you to introduce themselves and to discuss your situation and circumstances in more detail.
On the day of the course, you will meet your tutor for a further informal, non-judgemental chat before the driving starts.
Talking & Opening Up: On the day of the course, you will meet your tutor for a further informal, non-judgemental chat before the driving starts. We have a carefully set of questions we ask at the start, designed to get a better understanding of you and how best we can help. We ask insightful questions such as:
- How you rate your driving
- What are your main fears and concerns
- What you want to achieve from the training
- What has motivated you to do this training
- What sort of driver you would love to become
The things you discuss here will form the pathway to improved driving confidence, which will be referred back to during your training with us.
The driving – If appropriate, we allow you to drive in a way you normally would for a short time for you to relax and for our tutor to get a feel for what you are like as a driver.
We then spend some time talking over what the tutor observed on the initial drive and what the rest of the day will focus on. If you are having issues with motorways and overtaking, for example, then the course will be focused more on that. Our courses are different as they are bespoke to your exact needs. We don’t just offer an “off the peg” course to fit all drivers.
At the end of the course, there will be a full debrief, along with tips and advice for the future. During the day, there will be plenty of times to stop and discuss various aspects of driving and, most importantly, your driving and anxieties. You won’t be driving continuously for a full or half day.
We help motorists who suffer a wide range of driving phobias. A phobia is generally more than just “anxiety” when driving. If you suffer a distinct phobia where driving is very difficult, we would recommend receiving some form of therapy, such as CBT, to help you manage your feelings before any driver training. We can then more successfully help you with your driving. For drivers with significant phobias, we are more of a complementary service to assist and work in partnership with other therapies. We would never claim to be able to “cure” a phobia through driver training alone; to do so would be irresponsible. What we can do is provide strong building blocks to help you address and more successfully manage your phobia through safer driving.
Driving Confidence Course Content:
The courses do vary based on your circumstances and situations. However, below is a range of things we typically cover:
1. Forward planning and observation
3. Rules of the road
4. Dealing with adverse weather
5. Advanced car control
6. Speed awareness
7. Understand your confidence issues & how your driving style could have been a factor – if appropriate
8. Dealing with road rage
9. Helping you face your fears – in a caring and understanding way. This can often involve working with you to face your fears, whether that is just driving in general, or something more specific like fear of motorways, driving under bridges, left (or right) hand turns and so on….
“I needed a refresher/confidence course after a serious accident. Motorways terrified me. I not only regained my confidence, but I also eliminated some rather bad habits, which I didn’t realise was putting me at increased risk.”
M. Hickman, Kent
All training takes place in your own car or van. For an additional fee, we can supply a car.
Our courses do vary in structure, although prices are based on duration.
3.5hr session for £300.00
7hr session for £444.00
2 x 3.5hr sessions for £495.00
3 x 3.5hr sessions for £695.00
4 x 3.5hr sessions for £850.00
5 x 3.5hr sessions for £990.00
Enjoy 12 Months FREE Concierge Service – When you take a course with us, you also enjoy a 1-year free membership with our Drivers Concierge service, providing a personalised, one-to-one helping hand for a range of motoring and driving assistance that you may need.
You can now conveniently book online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/