Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Warrington
Warrington is becoming a popular location for our advanced driving courses. Located in between a network of motorways, busy urban roads, and quick access to rural roads make it a great location for an advanced driving course.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
* 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. Benefits of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, disadvantages is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
* 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
* 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
Benefits of Drivers Domain UK.com
* Tutors located across the UK, including Warrington
* Training based on your own needs and requirements
* Full driving report for each driver, after the course
Our advanced driving courses are split into three key areas – motorway, rural and urban.
Motorway – In Warrington we have a wealth of motorways to choose from.
However, typically we like to drive on the M6, M58 and M62. With the M58 we can head as far north as Preston, on the M62 we can head east towards Manchester, and the M6 can take us south towards Stoke.
Motorway training involves speed and hazard awareness, how to enter and exit safely and under control, and also to learn the unique rules and laws related to these roads.
Rural – Much of our advanced driver training in Warrington heads south on the A49 to places like Northwich and Weaverham, towards Tarporley. These roads are both fast and challenging – ideal for an advanced driving course. During rural training we teach various techniques like the limit point, and the system of car control (which can also be applied to all elements of driving).
With the rural element of driving, we sometimes head north out of Warrington towards Wigan, which like the training on the A49 is fast, and challenging. Heading north we often use the A573 but this does vary. Sometimes we head off this road to more slower roads depending the weather, and time of day.
Urban – Anyone who is located in Warrington knows how congested the centre can become, especially if there is an accident on one of the near-by motorways. As quite often traffic is diverted through the centre, causing total gridlock at Wilderspool Causeway! If this happens we often provide the urban driving part of the course in places like Grappenhall or similar.
With urban training we focus on building lower speed limit awareness, and how to deal with cyclists and other vulnerable road users. Although there is less focus on car control with urban driving, there is an added focus on scanning your immediate environment, and building an effective driving plan.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Booking an advanced driving course:
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether thats a a session for one or 100+. As a result we can provide a course, which best fit’s with your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.