Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Tyneside
Our advanced and defensive driving courses in Tyneside are designed to raise the standards of a driver. Our courses cover a range of roads for maximum benefit to you. We provide training to both private individuals and business customers.
We cover Tyneside and all of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Motorways – In Tyneside there are a range of motorways is limited, so most motorway training takes place on the A194(M) and A1(M).
Depending on our location in Tyneside we can head as far south as Durham on the A1(M) or as far north as Morpeth. Motorways are one of the safest roads, but when accidents occur, there is a greater chance they involve serious injury.
Our courses always build in a section for motorways, to ensure you get the latest tips on how to drive safely on these roads.
Urban – Depending on your location in Tyneside we tend to head into the centre of the closest urban area. For example, with Newcastle, we try and offer urban training in the centre. However, if this is not possible we tend to focus on “just out of the centre” locations like Dunston, or Jesmond. With urban driving we focus on speed limit awareness, and how to deal with cyclists and pedestrians, along with advanced traffic management.
Rural – Heading out of Tyneside we often head towards Hexham on a range of A and B roads. There are a number of routes, which are specifically challenging and provide a great learning environment for all drivers.
With rural driving, we focus on forward planning, car control and how to deal with the unique nature of rural roads, which can be very challenging. We sometimes head north toward Morpeth, or south towards Darlington. The route to Darlington has some of the most challenging roads in the North East, so where possible we use this route.
Benefits of Drivers Domain UK
* National network of tutors
* Full and half-day courses available
* Flexible training – based on your terms
* Full driving report for each driver after the course
* We can start training from wherever you are
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Please contact us to get a quote, and for availability for the next few weeks or months. We can normally arrange a course with a week or so notice.