Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Swindon
Drivers Domain UK provides a range of fully bespoke driving courses to companies and private individuals across the UK. For companies, we also provide a range of fleet support services. We have a friendly and flexible approach to training and have a genuine passion for improving driving standards and road safety in the UK.
We have a range of course designed to help drivers of all ages, experience and budgets
* 1 x 3.5hr course – Designed for companies training drivers back to back, or if a private client wants a short session, with a view to a longer course, or just to have a taster to our courses.
* 2 x 3.5hr sessions -If you don’t want a 7hr session but more than a 3.5hr session, this course is great – lots of learning can take place on these courses, which are suited to drivers who need time to reflect after a course. Also ideal if a driver gets tired quickly or who simply don’t want a 7hr session.
* 1 x 7hr session – This is an intensive session, and great for those that want to get a course completed in one day. Ideal if you are pushed for time.
* 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – These courses are for those, mostly private customers that want a more in-depth, longer-term training plan.
Due to Swindon’s location we offer the motorway portion of our training on the M4. Depending on your location in Swindon (and we come to you) we head as further west as Bristol, or if we decide to head east, we can drive along as far as Reading. The route we take for motorway training is based on your own specific needs and requirements. With the motorway training part we focus on forward planning, observation, rules of the motorway, and how to enter and exit these roads safely and under control.
We tend to provide the urban driving element in and around the centre of Swindon. There are many roads we focus on here, including Fleming Way, Princes Street, Islington Street and many more. Depending on traffic and your location in Swindon, we sometime head out towards less congested areas like Westlea, Gorse Hill, or Stratton. Exact locations vary. With urban training we focus on lower speed limit appreciation and how to safely deal with cyclists and pedestrians, along with advanced traffic management.
For this portion of the course we head out of the centre of Swindon to a range of areas including Wootton Bassett, Fairford, sometimes up towards Cirencester on the A419, or south towards Marlborough on the A346. All these roads and the route we take are designed to be challenging and provide the best learning environment for you as a driver. With rural driving we look at car control and how to anticipate and plan more effectively. The route to Marlborough has a number of challenging roads we particularly like so often you may find yourself heading out in this southern direction.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether thats a a session for one or 100+. As a result we can provide a course, which best fit’s with your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.