Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Sunderland
Our advanced driving courses in Sunderland are designed to improve the safety of your drivers. Our courses in the city are based on a range of roads, typically for urban and town driving, we provide training in the centre of Sunderland. A key part of our advanced training in Sunderland involves training on rural roads. For this, we often head north towards Newcastle on a range of roads such as B1296, A167 and other A/B and sometimes unclassified roads.
We sometimes head west towards Hexham on the A69, or south towards Darlington. The exact route depends on the traffic, your location and what you want to get from the training. Motorway and dual carriageway training tend to be covered on A1(M) and other similar roads such as the A167(M) where we focus on forward planning, how to enter and exit such roads, safely and under control – along with much more.
Benefits of our courses:
* Training can start from your office
* Lowest priced advanced training provider
* Expert advanced driver training tutors
* Flexible training options
* UK coverage
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We score a driver in over 20 areas of driving both before and after a course, from Excellent to Poor, so you can see the areas of improvement, in what areas, along with handwritten notes from the tutor. Each driver taking the training will also be graded an overall road risk from low to high.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that’s a session for one or 100+. As a result, we can provide a course, which best fit’s your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.