We provide advanced driving courses to a number of businesses based on Stoke and Staffordshire.
We have a number of tutors that can provide advanced driver training located in a number of areas including:
Stoke-on-trent – Kidsgrove – Madeley – Kingsley – Cheddleton – Silverdale – Newcastle-Under-Lyme – Burslem – Audley.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We understand each driver is different, and so we don’t simply have a set format for each driver. We take the time to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each driver, which takes place on the initial drive. This is where a driver is asked to relax, and drive the way they normally do – this takes place at the start of the course, and allows our tutors to get a good understanding of the driver, and how the rest of the day can be planned around their own needs and requirements.
As the day progresses we introduce different concepts on a range of roads. For courses that start in Stoke-on-trent, we head out towards Shropshire to the west, or across to Derby to the east on a range of A and B roads. For motorway driving we move on towards the M6. The urban driving takes place in the centre of Stoke depending on traffic, or in the suburban areas just outside the centre such as Hanley or Trentham.
Our training route is not set in stone and is based on your location and what you want to get out of the day.
For prices and more information about how we can help you, please get in contact and a member of our team will be delighted to help you.