Advanced Defensive & Confidence Driving Courses Sheffield
We can provide advanced driving courses to private individuals and business customers all over the UK, including Sheffield.
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
* 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. The benefits of this course are that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, disadvantages are that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
* 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
* 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you to do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
* We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
Our advanced driving courses in Sheffield cover a wide range of areas:
Town driving – We often use the centre of Sheffield for the essential urban/town driving part of our courses.
This is designed to make drivers more aware of lower speed limits, and for the key hazards when faced with driving in urban areas, such as cyclists, pedestrians and of course other cars, vans and lorries.
Rural driving – This is an essential element of our advanced driving courses. Many road traffic collisions occur on rural roads and so we ensure we dedicate time to providing training on these roads. For advanced driving courses in Sheffield, we often head out towards Manchester on a range of A and B roads. Sometimes we head across to Doncaster, or up towards Huddersfield in the north.
Motorway – Most of the motorway training we offer takes place on the M1 or M18. Motorway training is included in our advanced driving courses, some clients opt for this road type to be the main part of the training, others not so much. With our courses, we can adapt the session to meet the specific needs of the driver.
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
Benefits of training with us:
* Highly competitive prices
* Personal one-to-one account management
* Training on a 1:1 or 2:1 format
* Full driving report for each driver
* Over 200 qualified tutors across the UK
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that’s a session for one or 100+. As a result, we can provide a course, which best fit’s your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.