Advanced Defensive & Confidence Driving Courses Sheffield
We can provide advanced driving courses to private individuals and business customers all over the UK, including Sheffield.
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
* 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. The benefits of this course are that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, the disadvantages are that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
* 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework in this session, so they can practice what has been taught in session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
* 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you to do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
* We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4, and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
For all our bespoke driving courses in Sheffield, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Sheffield is served by the M1 motorway, with many fast A roads linking to it, such as the A57, the A61 and the A639 and the A6109. Using the fast A road routes, we can create a motorway confidence course for drivers in the Sheffield area. Many people have worries about using motorways, from the extra lanes to navigate and the higher number of vehicles on the road. Motorway driving is statistically one of the safest ways to travel, but because of the higher speeds, accidents can be more severe, so you must be fully aware of the motorway rules and regulations.
Rural Roads – Set to the east of the National Peak District, Sheffield has many rural roads that have seen some nasty accidents, especially the A6187 leading from the A625 through Hathersage, Hope Valley and Castleton and the A57 across the Peaks and into Manchester. Rural accidents are caused primarily by poor observations and potentially too much speed, as there are very few speed cameras in rural communities. Young drivers are the most at risk on rural roads, especially soon after passing the driving test, and tourists who are unfamiliar with the locality are also at high risk – especially if they are driving too fast. There is a specific set of driving techniques, such as the ‘Limit Point’ for navigating winding roads and learning how to manage speed through better observations. By creating a route encompassing rural driving, we can help any driver feel more confident driving in the open countryside.
Urban Training – Sheffield is a busy city with miles of urban routes around the city centre, and these often congested roads can be hazardous, especially during rush hour traffic. Although much of the Sheffield city centre is pedestrianised, the ring road surrounding the centre, including the A61 and Netherthorpe Road and Hanover Way, is very accident-prone, particularly near roundabouts and traffic light junctions. It is mainly impatience and poor observations that cause most urban issues, and more care must be taken by looking out for motorbikes and cyclists and understanding the bus routes so that you can overtake safely while looking out for pedestrians who may be crossing the road ahead. Many drivers worry about driving across busy urban routes and, with many road works and diversions, lose confidence and panic in busy traffic. By learning how to observe and plan, you can become a safer, more confident driver.
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
Benefits of training with us:
* Highly competitive prices
* Personal one-to-one account management
* Training on a 1:1 or 2:1 format
* Full driving report for each driver
* Over 200 qualified tutors across the UK
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, and planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that’s a session for one or 100+. As a result, we can provide a course which best fit’s your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.