We have a large number of advanced driving tutors based in an around Sheffield. We currently provide advanced driving courses to a number of companies in the City including the online supermarket Ocado.com – who has a large depot based there.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced driving courses in Sheffield cover a wide range of areas:
Town driving – We often use the centre of Sheffield for the essential urban/town driving part of our courses.
This is designed to make drivers more aware of lower speed limits, and for the key hazards when faced with driving in urban areas, such as cyclists, pedestrians and of course other cars, vans and lorries.
Rural driving – This is an essential element of our advanced driving courses. Many road traffic collisions occur on rural roads and so we ensure we dedicate time to providing training on these roads. For advanced driving courses in Sheffield we often head out towards Manchester on a range of A and B roads. Sometimes we head across to Doncaster, or up towards Huddersfield in the north.
Motorway – Most of the motorway training we offer takes place on the M1 or M18. Motorway training is included on our advanced driving courses, some clients opt for this road type to be the main part of the training, others not so much. With our courses we can adapt the session to meet the specific needs of the driver.
Benefits of training with us:
* Highly competitive prices
* Personal one-to-one account management
* Training on a 1:1 or 2:1 format
* Full driving report for each driver
* Over 200 qualified tutors across the UK
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions