Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Plymouth
Plymouth is becoming a more popular area for both companies and private customers that want to invest in advanced driver training. All the tutors who deliver training in Plymouth have had many years experience in delivering advanced driving courses for drivers of all ages, and experience.
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
* 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. Benefits of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, disadvantages is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
* 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
* 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
Due to the rural location of Plymouth we tend to place a great emphasis on rural roads – the most challenging and most dangerous roads in the UK. Our advanced courses tend to take drivers on a range of routes, from the centre of Plymouth, then out towards Bodmin, or north towards Bude, or across to Exeter.
All training can start from your office or the drivers own home should you wish. We can also run advanced courses from a number of different locations if needed.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether thats a a session for one or 100+. As a result we can provide a course, which best fit’s with your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.