Plymouth is becoming a more popular area for companies that want to delivery an advanced driving course for their drivers.
All the tutors who deliver training in Plymouth live in the area, and have had many years experience in delivering advanced driving courses for drivers of all ages, and experience.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Due to the rural location of Plymouth we tend to place a great emphasis on rural roads – the most challenging and most dangerous roads in the UK. Our advanced courses tend to take drivers on a range of routes, from the centre of Plymouth, then out towards Bodmin, or north towards Bude, or across to Exeter.
All training can start from your office or the drivers own home should you wish. We can also run advanced courses from a number of different locations if needed.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions