Oxford is a popular location for our advanced driving courses. We have around 20 tutors based within a 20 mile radius of the city.
We cover Oxford + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our advanced driving courses, which start from Oxford cover rural, urban and motorway driving.
Urban driving covers training in the centre of Oxford, and places emphasis on traffic and space management, observing cyclists and pedestrians too, along with lower speed limit awareness (esp. in the growing number of 20mph limit areas)
Rural road training places a focus on car control among other things. We head out of Oxford to locations like Banbury, through routes that can include driving through Kiddlington and other rural locations. Southwards we often head towards Abingdon, and sometimes down towards Newbury depending on if’s a full or half day.
We tend to use a wide range of roads including the busy A34, the A423, and A44, plus a range of B and sometimes unclassified roads.
Motorway training is almost always done on the M40 as it is a convenient distance from Oxford.