We have over 40 advanced driving tutors located in and around Nottingham all of which can deliver a half or full day advanced driving course for between 1 and 100 + of your drivers.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
The format of training is often split on a 2:1 basis – so one driver can be trained in the morning for 3.5hrs, and another for the same period in the afternoon.
The 2:1 format is very popular due to the time and cost savings.
Advanced Driver Training in Nottingham overs a range of roads and road types:
Urban – We use the centre of Nottingham for urban training, or if the centre is too busy we look at similar areas just out the centre like Stapleford, Carlton and similar. With urban driver training we look at space management in traffic, and how to safely deal with pedestrians and cyclists too. Forward planning of other road users is also critical too.
Rural – Rural roads around Nottingham allow us to provide first rate training to all drivers. We often head out towards Derby or up towards Mansfield or across to Newark on a range of A, B and sometimes unclassified roads, where we look at a range of advanced driving techniques.
Motorway – Most of the motorway training takes place on the M1 due to its close location to Nottingham. Most of our motorway training covers forward planning, speed awareness, keeping a safe gap and how to safely enter and exit motorways.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Please contact us for an exact quote based on the number of drivers you wish to train. One of the team will be in touch with a price, and to help answer any specific questions you may have.