We have a team of expert tutors, who already provide advanced and defensive driving sessions to drivers in the Norfolk area.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Due to the rural location of Norwich our advanced driving courses focus mainly on rural roads.
During a typical session (either half or full day) we tend to venture on out towards King Lynn in the north, or down to Bury St Edmunds or near, in the south.
Our courses can cover dual carriageway sessions, and depending on course duration, motorway training can be built into the day too.
We provide advanced driving courses in the centre of Norwich for urban driver training, although depending on traffic we also look at more out of town locations such as New Costessey, Taverham and similar.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions