Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Norwich
We have a team of Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) registered fleet driving tutors, who already provide advanced and defensive driving sessions to drivers in the Norfolk area. We help both private and business customers
We’ve worked really hard to develop a service, which best fits with you, these points include:
* A truly personalised service
* Full UK coverage
* We only work with the most dedicated DVSA tutors
* Each customer is assigned s personal account manager
* After each course, we provide a full driving report which includes written notes from the tutor
Due to the rural location of Norwich our advanced driving courses focus mainly on rural roads. During a typical session (either half or full day) we tend to venture on out towards King Lynn in the north, or down to Bury St Edmunds or near, in the south.
Our courses can cover dual carriageway sessions, and depending on course duration, motorway training can be built into the day too.
We provide advanced driving courses in the centre of Norwich for urban driver training, although depending on traffic we also look at more out of town locations such as New Costessey, Taverham and similar.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses do alter in their delivery, although we have a number of courses based on time, these are outlined below:
* 3.5hr session
* 7hr session
* 2 x 3.5hr sessions
* 3 x 3.5hr sessions
* 4 x 3.5r sessions
* 5 x 3.5hr sessions
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
- 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. Benefits of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, disadvantages is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
- 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
- 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
- We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
If you have between 1 and 4 drivers, or if you are a private customer, you can book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book. If you wish to talk with us, have more questions or want a quote for a large number of drivers, please call or email us today.