Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Norwich
We have a team of Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) registered fleet driving tutors who already provide advanced and defensive driving sessions to drivers in the Norfolk area. We help both private and business customers. We also provide more bespoke courses such as confidence driver and refresher driver training too.
We’ve worked really hard to develop a service, which best fits you; these points include:
* A truly personalised service
* Full UK coverage
* We only work with the most dedicated DVSA tutors
* Each customer is assigned s personal account manager
* After each course, we provide a full driving report which includes written notes from the tutor
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, and planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses do alter in their delivery, although we have a number of courses based on time. These are outlined below:
* 3.5hr session
* 7hr session
* 2 x 3.5hr sessions
* 3 x 3.5hr sessions
* 4 x 3.5r sessions
* 5 x 3.5hr sessions
We look at training the same way we look at our customers, whether business or private; each one is unique. Every driver is different with regard to driving, based on both internal and external elements. Internal elements are things such as personality type, attitudes, and concentration. External elements are things such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative experiences etc.
For all our bespoke driving courses in Norwich, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – The M1 motorway is the closest motorway to Norwich to the east of Cambridge and Peterborough and is linked via the A47 and the A11. Many newly qualified drivers (and some more experienced drivers) living in the Norwich area have never used motorways due to the distance, and when circumstances change, they may feel very wary of motorway driving. By taking some extra advanced driver training with us for motorway confidence, we can help all drivers to become safer when using these fast routes. We will create a course to encapsulate many fast A-road routes to link in with the motorway. We can also help you better understand the motorways and how they work. The entering and exiting of busy motorway junctions tend to cause the most worry. We can help you feel calmer using fast routes, which will help your overall driving confidence on any road.
Rural Roads – Norwich is set in a very rural and coastal area of Norfolk, with many miles of rural roads to navigate. The A140 to Cromer and the A47 to Great Yarmouth and the many narrow lanes leading from them have been littered with many rural accidents, very similar to the B1108 through Hingham and Watton. Most rural accidents are due to the driver being unfamiliar with the roads, and with much less signage and hardly any street lighting, they can be very dangerous. As rural roads tend to have fewer speed cameras, the temptation to speed in these areas is very high, and unfortunately, younger drivers tend to come to most harm by taking risks with speed. Understanding the regulations of rural driving is essential to remain safe in unknown areas. Using specific car control systems delivered by our highly qualified tutors can make a massive difference to drivers living locally or using rural roads for work purposes or holidaying in the UK.
Urban Training – Norwich is set around the banks of the river Yare and is a bustling city with many urban routes to consider when navigating the city centre. The worst affected areas for urban accidents are the A47, Cattle Market Street and Red Lion Street, and most accidents tend to occur near traffic light junctions and roundabouts where drivers may make risky manoeuvres that are often not well indicated. Many of these accidents may have been avoided with some simple urban driver training. Understanding your surroundings with improved mirror work and paying extra attention to other road users, including motorbikers, cyclists and pedestrians, will make a difference to your driving style and help you travel through busy towns confidently.
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
- 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. The benefit of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, the disadvantage is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
- 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework in this session, so they can practice what has been taught in session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
- 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you to do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
- We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4, and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
If you have between 1 and 4 drivers, or if you are a private customer, you can book and pay for a course online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book. If you wish to talk with us, have more questions or want a quote for a large number of drivers, please call or email us today.