Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Northamptonshire
We have over 200 DVSA registered Approved Driving Instructors based around the UK. Many that provide advanced driving courses in Northamptonshire are based in the county, which means we can come to you for the training.
Most of our clients request that training starts from their business premises – which is ideal for us, and convenient for you.
Our courses in Northamptonshire are available in all areas including Northampton, Wellingborough, Corby and Milton Keynes.
We cover this area + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our courses involve driving on a range of roads, in the county of Northampton this includes the A14, M6, A509, and A43 along with many more depending on your location. Northampton has its range of challenging roads – mostly rural roads, which tend to be the most challenging due to the high speeds combined with the often twisty, challenging road surfaces.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
We have a number of course options designed to cater for drivers of all levels and experience:
- 1 x 3.5hr session – Ideal for a spring clean of ones driving, or if you are training a number of drivers back to back
- 2 x 3.5hr sessions – Ideal for those that want more in-depth training but want this over two sessions
- 1 x 7hr session – For those that want an intensive single session. Ideal for businesses with one driver who needs specific help or someone who would have a course compacted into one day
- 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – Designed for those that want the most detailed one to one training possible, which can be taken at intervals convenient to them