Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Northamptonshire
We have over 200 DVSA-registered Approved Driving Instructors based around the UK. Many that provide advanced driving courses in Northamptonshire are based in the county, which means we can come to you for the training.
Most of our clients request that training starts from their business premises – which is ideal for us, and convenient for you.
Our courses in Northamptonshire are available in all areas, including Northampton, Wellingborough, Corby and Milton Keynes.
We cover this area + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals using our national network of DVSA-registered advanced driving instructors.
Our courses involve driving on a range of roads in the county of Northampton, this includes the A14, M6, A509, and A43, along with many more, depending on your location. Northampton has its range of challenging roads – mostly rural roads, which tend to be the most challenging due to the high speeds combined with the often twisty, challenging road surfaces.
For all our bespoke driving courses in Northamptonshire, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Northamptonshire is a sprawling county between the Cotswolds and Peterborough and is served by the M1 running from Luton to Leicester and the M6 from Birmingham into Kettering. Although there are only two motorways in Northamptonshire, there are many other faster routes and dual carriageways, such as the A43 and the A6 and the A5. Driving along faster routes and motorways can have many issues when not confident, such as not knowing your correct exit lane and keeping up speed for entering the motorway. Navigating motorway routes can be challenging during the daytime as there will be many large HGV vehicles you can get boxed in by and then worry that you will miss your exit. Advanced driver motorway training can help with all issues concerned with motorway driving.
Rural Roads – Northamptonshire is crossed by many rural roads, and although they can be very picturesque, they are also statistically the most dangerous roads to drive. Knowing how to drive safely on rural roads is vital. You may need to reverse up a narrow lane to allow oncoming traffic, or you may be following farming vehicles and that may leave mud on the road or driving in the darker evening hours. Between Brackley and Daventry, a myriad of smaller lanes can be used for rural driver training, as well as further north and the lanes between Northampton, Kettering, and Wellingborough.
Urban Training – Northampton is Northamptonshire’s largest town, followed by Kettering, Corby and Daventry. No two towns are alike when it comes to urban driving. Some towns have ring roads around the centre, allowing you to cross the towns easily without getting stuck in rush hour traffic. The road layouts often change in larger towns to allow better traffic flow, so it is crucial that you can follow diversions without panicking. Using forward planning skills and knowing the rules and regulations about driving in busy towns can help you. Cyclists, delivery vans and pedestrians are more prevalent in urban settings, and it is essential that you can move around these with confidence and safety.
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch and they are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers all over the UK.
We have a number of course options designed to cater for drivers of all levels and experience:
- 1 x 3.5hr session – Ideal for a spring clean of ones driving or if you are training a number of drivers back to back
- 2 x 3.5hr sessions – Ideal for those that want more in-depth training but want this over two sessions
- 1 x 7hr session – For those that want an intensive single session. Ideal for businesses with one driver who needs specific help or someone who would have a course compacted into one day
- 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – Designed for those that want the most detailed one-to-one training possible, which can be taken at intervals convenient to them