Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses North Yorkshire
To receive a quote for providing advanced driver training for yourself or if you’re a business – your staff, please complete the contact form on the right of the screen, or call or email us. North Yorkshire has a range of different road and road networks, which allows us to train drivers who take our advanced driving courses. Our advanced driving courses in North Yorkshire focus training on a range of roads.
We cover North Yorkshire + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our courses do vary in structure, although we have a number of courses based on duration:
2 x 3.5hr sessions
3 x 3.5hr sessions
4 x 3.5r sessions
5 x 3.5hr sessions
The nature of roads in this county are particularly challenging due to the high proportion of rural roads. Our advanced driving courses in this county focus on building the skill and safety levels of drivers, regardless of their current experience or driving track record.
We have already helped a large number of companies in North Yorkshire who required training for their drivers, in towns that include York, Northallerton, Redcar and Middlesborough. Unique to us, we can start an advanced driving course from your office location, and we have a large proportion of some of the highest qualified tutors in the area of North Yorkshire.
Our advanced driving courses in North Yorkshire cover a range of roads such as the A1, A1(M), A172, A170 and may more. During a course we try and cover as many road types as possible.
Benefits of our advanced driving courses:
* Demonstrates your duty of care
* Reduces insurance premiums
* Reduces fuel costs
* Reduces accident rates and claims
* Motivates the workforce
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions