Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Merseyside
Our advanced driving courses in Merseyside cover Liverpool and all surrounding areas. Merseyside is a great place to provide advanced driving courses, as we have a diverse mix of roads.
The benefits of our advanced driving courses include:
* Fewer road traffic collisions
* Lower insurance premiums
* Improved fuel economy across your fleet
* Boost the morale of your drivers
Our advanced driving courses in Merseyside cover a range of motorways, rural roads and also urban roads. Our advanced driving courses focus on making drivers safer. We look at developing a positive attitude, the ability to observe and forward plan and also develop a higher level of car control.
During a session, we cover:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, and planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
For all our bespoke driving courses in Merseyside, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Merseyside has a number of motorways that can be used for training for drivers who are looking to increase confidence when driving on fast, busy routes. The M53 runs from Chester and merges into the A5139, taking you across the Kingsway tunnel and into Liverpool. The M62 and the M57 can be joined to the east of the county, and we use a selection of routes that will help with all aspects of motorway driving, from being boxed in by large lorries to helping to cope with the speed of the motorways and becoming more confident with entering and exiting at the correct junctions. Many things can happen quickly when driving on motorways, so refining your forward planning and observation techniques will help you to feel safer when using them.
Rural Roads – Although Merseyside is a very busy county, there are lots of rural areas that some drivers find challenging. In Birkenhead, a few rural roads, such as between Meols and Heswall, follow the coastal route that can be used to get to grips with aspects of rural driving. On the Liverpool side of the Mersey, there are country roads from Gillars Green and Eccleston and through to Rainford and Ashton in Makerfield that would be perfect for helping with rural issues such as single-track lanes, less signage and hardly any street lighting. Being a safe rural driver is vital, as many hazards can occur if you are unfamiliar with them. The accident rate in rural areas far outweighs motorways or town driving accidents.
Urban Training – There is much to learn when using urban roads, from higher traffic and the risks of pedestrians and cyclists to the many multi-lane traffic routes. We have used both the Kingsway and Queensway tunnels and can create routes from Birkenhead into Liverpool and across the many urban roads from the A561, A5053 and A59. Being confident when driving in busy towns and cities is a skill that can be easily learned. Once you have mastered them, it will reduce the stress and frustration that will sometimes happen, especially during rush hours or diverted traffic routes. Many commuters will take urban driving courses to lessen the everyday pressures they encounter, which has also helped all other driving aspects.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers all over the UK.
There are a number of benefits of taking driver training with Drivers Domain UK:
- Bespoke training based on a driver’s specific needs
- Personal account manager
- Handpicked fleet/advanced tutors who are all registered with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
- Detailed reporting for each driver – with notes from the tutor who provided the training
- National coverage
- We come to you for the training