Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Maidstone, Kent
Maidstone is one of the most popular towns in Kent for advanced driver training for us as a business. We already help a number of companies and private customers located in the town that want to lower the road risk of themselves or their drivers.
We cover Maidstone and all of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Advantages of training with us:
* We have a range of bespoke courses
* We care for you, before, during and after a course
* Your course manager will get to know you, and your specific needs
* Tutors are available for a call before and after your course
* Driver progress is recorded and detailed on our bespoke driving reports, sent to you by email after the course, so you can see progress and overall risk of a driver
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our bespoke training is what separates us from others. The idea of a tick box, one size fits all course fills us with dread. They’re boring and rarely get the most from a driver. So when we talk about “bespoke training”, what do we actually mean?
We look at training the same way we look at our customers each one is unique. Every driver is different with regards to driving, based on both internal and external elements. Internal elements are things such as personality type, attitudes, concentration. External elements are things such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative experiences etc.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
Maidstone is ideally located for our courses, as the area has a wide range of rural, town and out of town roads to really help train drivers.
Being located close to the M20, M2 and M26 (and of course M25) is ideal for motorway driving where we focus on a range of elements, depending on the specific driver’s requirements, some may need help with speed awareness, while others may need to focus on confidence and observation. With us, there is no rigid training plan.
Rural road training in Maidstone covers a large part of the course. This is mainly because the vast majority of rural roads are where, mile for mile, most serious traffic collisions occur. It makes sense to offer training on these roads. We look at a range of elements including car control, positioning for bends, dealing with adverse weather and much more..
Driving in town gives drivers to learn defensive driving techniques, and how to be safer around cyclists and pedestrians, and also how to manage their space in traffic more effectively.
Please contact us via the web form on the upper right. We can then help you and listen to your specific needs. If you are ready to book, great! You can do this online at www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book where you can select a wide range of courses, for both private and business clients.