Advanced, Defensive, Refresher & Confidence Driving Courses Liverpool
Some time ago, we noticed that in a world where many things can be bespoke to your needs and arranged conveniently online, the driver training industry fell short. Despite the vital importance of improving road safety, it simply was not that easy to find high quality, bespoke driver training to cater for your own specific needs and requirements. This is where we come in.
Liverpool has a wide range of road networks, with a mix of motorways, rural and urban roads. We have a number of tutors based in and around Liverpool and already help a large number of Liverpool based business and private customers that require advanced driver training.
We cover Liverpool + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Whether you are a business client or a private individual – we have a number of specialist courses to increase the skill and safety of a driver. Our courses are available for car and van drivers.
- 3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. The benefits of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, the disadvantages is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
- 2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
- 7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you to do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
- We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
Training Location in Liverpool:
Motorways – M57, M62, M58, M53. Motorway training focuses on how to remain safe on these roads, to get a better understanding of the rules that relate to motorway driving. We focus on speed awareness, forward planning and how to drive in a progressive yet defensive way.
Rural Roads – Depending on your location in Liverpool we always ensure we provide training on rural roads. Most serious accidents occur on rural roads due to the high speeds, combined with the often challenging nature of them. Due to this fact, advanced driver training almost always covers these types of roads during the course.
We often head out towards Wigan, or across to Rochdale or sometimes down to Crewe using a range of rural routes. We focus on all elements of advanced driving on rural roads, including cornering techniques, car control, forward planning, skid control and dealing with adverse weather.
Urban Driving – The centre of Liverpool makes a great location for urban driving where we focus on traffic management, dealing safely with cyclists and pedestrians, plus speed awareness.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Receive Your Quote:
Please contact us using the form on the upper right of the screen, and a member of our team will be in touch within a few hours.