Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Lincoln
Lincolnshire had the most road casualties by severity out of all the local authorities in the UK. The county also ranked 10th by the number of casualties by population, according to the Department for Transport going back to 2011. Due to these facts, advanced driver training should be of key importance for companies in Lincoln.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
We offer advanced driving courses in Lincoln which are designed for companies that want to lower the road risk of their drivers. We offer training for van and car drivers. Training can be based on a 1:1 or a 2:1 basis. 1:1 is when one driver will go out for a full day with a tutor, and a 2:1 format, is when one driver goes out in the morning for 3.5hrs, and another driver goes out for 3.5hrs in the afternoon for same period.
Benefits of our courses:
* Increased driver safety
* Demonstrates your Duty of Care
* Flexible training options
* Training can start and finish from your office
* Fully qualified DVSA registered advanced driving tutors
* National coverage, local service
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our advanced driving courses Lincoln cover a range of roads including urban, rural and motorways.
Urban driving covers driving in the centre of Lincoln, or nearby areas such as North Hykeham, or Skellingthorpe or similar. During urban training we focus on speed awareness, dealing with vulnerable road users, and advanced traffic management.
Rural – There are a lot of rural roads in and around Lincoln, and these roads are among the most dangerous of all roads to drive on. We focus on car control, forward planning and observation, and also highlighting the unique features of rural roads and what you need to do as a driver to remain safe. We often head out towards Market Rasen or across to Horncastle depending on your location. Sometime rural road training heads out towards Newark on Trent, or Worksop.
Motorway – Depending on your requirements, we can head towards A1(M) or M180 for motorway driver training. With motorway training we focus on all the key elements of advanced driver training including forward planning, anticipation, car control, understanding other road users, and much more.
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether thats a a session for one or 100+. As a result we can provide a course, which best fit’s with your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.