Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Leicester
We provide advanced and defensive driving courses for both private customers and businesses in all areas of the UK, including Leicester. We have a dedicated network of DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) fleet/advanced driving instructors. We also come to you for the training – anywhere in the UK.
Half or Full Day?
The half-day is ideal for those who have a large number of drivers to train and want to take advantage of the time and cost savings associated with such. The full-day is ideal for drivers that want to experience an intensive advanced driving course, and really want to iron out any bad habits they may have.
We do tend to find a lot of clients opt for the full-day session – and book one driver in the morning and one in the afternoon – there is no additional charge for this and works really well.
When we train drivers we look at building the course around their specific needs. We initially let them drive for a short period of time, and then after a friendly debrief, we look at introducing a number of advanced driving techniques such as forward planning, the system of car control, advanced observation and much more.
The main part of the course is designed to improve the driver – and we find the best approach here is to work on their specific driving style and requirements and adjust the training to fit with their needs.
We appreciate you have a choice when it comes to driver training. Over the years we have worked hard to ensure we differentiate ourselves based on service and quality of training. Training with us means you benefit from:
* One to one driver training
* Personal account management, a member of our team will get to know you, and your specific needs
* National UK coverage – we come to you for the training
* Only the most dedicated, professional advanced driving tutors work with us
* All tutors are handpicked and are Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency registered
* Full reporting for each person taking our course, sent on email after a course
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report. As you may have seen from our website, we come to you for the training, which takes place in your own car.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
During a session we will look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Please contact us for more information. If you are researching advanced driving course providers we will happily provide you with a quote and send you more information.