Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Lancashire
We have over 50 advanced driving tutors who provide advanced driving courses in the Lancashire area alone. The majority of our advanced courses start from the clients office in and around the Lancashire area. We provide driver training for both private customers and business clients.
Our courses do alter in their delivery, although we have a number of courses based on time, these are outlined below:
2 x 3.5hr sessions
3 x 3.5hr sessions
4 x 3.5r sessions
5 x 3.5hr sessions
Training with Drivers Domain UK.com:
We can offer advanced driving courses in Lancashire on a 2:1 basis, where one driver is trained in the morning for 3.5 hours, and the other in the afternoon, for 3.5 hours. Alternatively we can provide a full day (7 hour) session for one driver. We can also offer 2 x 3.5hr sessions or 3 x 3.5hr sessions too.
During our advanced driver training we cover many elements, including:
- Speed awareness
- How to lower the chances of having a road traffic collision
- Forward planning
- Learning the system of car control
- Commentary driving
- How to identify and illiminate bad habits
- Motorway and dual carriageway driving
- Learning how to drive in a more environmentally friendly way
- Learning how to better anticipate actions of other drivers
- How to deal with road rage
Key facts about road safety in Lancashire & North West:
- The North West has the highest rates of all age and child road casualties in England.
- 269 people were killed, 3,055 were seriously injured and 26,137 were slightly injured in road traffic collisions in the North West in 2016.
- Of all road traffic casualties in the region in 2008, 67.2% were car users, 13.3% were pedestrians, 7.0% were motorcyclists and 6.3% were pedal cyclists.
- Children are most likely to be killed or seriously injured in road traffic collisions in the months of June and October, on Fridays, and between 3.00 and 3.59 pm.
Lancashire is a vast county with a mix of road types. Our courses tend to cover a wide range of these roads. Luckily the M6, M61 and M65 are all quickly accessible from most areas of Lancashire, and so we almost always ensure a portion of our advanced courses cover these roads.
Depending on when a course is taken, we always try and provide training on roads where there are no delays (easier said than done!). We tend to make a point of avoiding using the motorways at rush hour, and avoid towns during school drop offs and the usual commuting hours. As Lancashire is a rural county we ensure training also takes place on busy A roads, where advanced driving techniques can easily be taught, the list of A roads in the county is vast, but we often provide training on the A583, A585 and A666.
We also ensure part of the training takes place on rural B roads like A roads these are great roads to really get to grips with improved car control and observation. Depending on your location we will sometimes venture out of Lancashire and head towards Yorkshire, or down in to Cheshire.
3.5hr – Around 30% opt for this course. Benefits of this course is that it’s the cheapest, and is only 3.5hr, disadvantages is that for some drivers it’s too short. Ideal mainly for companies training 4 or more drivers.
2 x 3.5hr – This is advantageous for customers that can’t drive for 7hrs and need the split to reflect. Often a driver gets homework on this session, so they can practice what has been taught on session 1, to help them with session 2. Older drivers often opt for this course.
7hr full day – Although it is hard work for some, a full day is cheaper than 2 x 3.5hr. It’s good for those who are time-poor. Maybe your company has asked you do this course, or maybe you feel a 7hr will work better for you. Talk with us if you are unsure.
We understand not all drivers want a half, full or 2 half days. Some need or want longer. That is why we offer 3,4 and 5 x 3.5h sessions. These courses are often run over a few weeks, and are mostly designed for drivers who have significant issues, such as a driving phobia, or need confidence training after a serious road traffic collision.
Online Quote & Prices:
Please contact us using the form on the upper right or call us and a member of our team will be delighted to help you further.