Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Berkshire
Berkshire is a great county for our advanced driving courses, as we have a motorway, the M4 that is in reasonable distance from all areas of the county, and also a vast range of both urban and rural roads. All essential for a good advanced driving session!
We provide training for both business and private clients.
Advantages of our Training:
* 1:1 driver training – the tutor will get to understand you as a driver
* Personal account management, who helps you before, during and after a course
* National UK coverage – We cover 95% of the UK (excludes Eire and Scottish Highlands)
* We only work with the most respected, skilled and passionate advanced driving instructors
We have a range of course designed to help drivers of all ages, experience and budgets:
1 x 3.5hr course – Designed for companies training drivers back to back, or if a private client wants a short session, with a view to a longer course, or just to have a taster to our courses
2 x 3.5hr sessions -If you don’t want a 7hr session but more than a 3.5hr session, this course is great – lots of learning can take place on these courses, which are suited to drivers who need time to reflect after a course. Also ideal if a driver gets tired quickly or who simply don’t want a 7hr session
1 x 7hr session – This is an intensive session, and great for those that want to get a course completed in one day. Ideal if you are pushed for time.
3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – These courses are for those, mostly private customers that want a more in-depth, longer term training plan.
We can offer advanced driving courses in Berkshire on a 2:1 basis, where one driver is trained in the morning for 3.5 hours, and the other in the afternoon, for 3.5 hours.
Alternatively we can provide a full day (7 hour) session for one driver. Please contact us for a full quote.
You can view a copy of our eBrochure to learn more about the course content here
The county of Berkshire has the best part of 30 motorway miles, which enables adequate motorway training on all our courses. The M4 in Berkshire is a very busy route for traffic into and out of London, and although we always check there are no traffic jams, we find being able to provide driver training on such a busy motorway is great to build confidence, observation and anticipation skills.
For those nervous about driving on motorways we can adjust the training to focus on building confidence in an easy, non-intimidating way. You will quickly learn, no matter how busy a motorway is, you will be able to drive with confidence and safety.
We have around 40 advanced driving tutors who provide training in the Berkshire area. We have already provided training for companies located in Newbury, Hungerford, Reading, Ascot, Maidenhead, Eton, Slough and Windsor in 2016 alone. Generally speaking our tutors can travel up to 50 miles from their location to provide driver training, and so with 40 tutors in Berkshire alone, you can be confident we have a driver near to you.
Depending on the start location, we sometimes venture into Surrey, or further over to the west, heading into Wiltshire or sometimes into Hampshire with our on-road training.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Get Your Online Quote:
Please use the form on the upper right of the screen and a member of our team will provide a quote based on the number of drivers you are looking to train.