Hereford is a popular place for our advanced and defensive driving courses for companies and individuals in Herefordshire, who want to improve the driving of their company car or van drivers.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced courses are designed to improve the ability of drivers on all roads, which is why we cover training on the following:
Rural Roads – In Hereford we have access to a range of roads. The A4137 just south of Hereford is one of the most dangerous roads in the UK, based on incident rates per mile of road. Depending on your location we often provide training on this road and help drivers understand why it is so dangerous and how you can adapt your driving to reduce your road risk.
Rural training really helps us help drivers appreciate the dangers of these roads and how to ensure maximum safety levels are achieved. Forward planning, observation and car control are three of the most important things we teach on these roads.
Motorways – Motorway training in Hereford usually involves the M50 and sometimes the M5. Although the M50 is quiet, it does provide a useful and convenient backdrop for motorway training, where we look and space and speed management, and unique hints and tips for remaining safe on these roads.
Urban Roads – We use the centre of Hereford for this element of the session. Training will cover a range of roads in the centre including Edgar Street, Newmarket Street and similar. If the centre of Hereford is busy we head to more out of town areas.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Please contact us for prices and dates we currently have free for training sessions. We can normally arrange sessions with a week or so notice.