Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Hampshire
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA-registered advanced driving instructors.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.
Our advanced driving courses in Hampshire cover a range of roads, including:
- Motorways including the M271, M27 and M3 (depending on your location)
- A roads including A34, A3(M), A303
- A range of other roads, including B and Unclassified roads (depending on your location)
All our advanced driving courses are designed with you in mind. We will organise the course from start to finish; you simply need to select the drivers you want to train.
During a session, we typically cover:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
For all our bespoke driving courses in Hampshire, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Hampshire is a sprawling county between London and Dorset and has two motorways, the M3 that runs into Southampton and the M27 that links Ringwood to Portsmouth along the coastal route. Other faster roads, such as the A31 and the A303, can be used for motorway training across Hampshire. We can create a course that takes in motorways, which can help relieve the stress many drivers feel when encountering motorway travel. Not only does the speed worry drivers, but with the amount of traffic on a motorway, the fear of being boxed in by big lorries and missing an exit is a big issue we can help with. Statistically, motorways are the safest travel method, but it takes courage to address motorway issues. You can become confident when using the motorway system with a little extra training.
Rural Roads – There are many large green areas throughout Hampshire, such as the New Forest to the west and the South Downs to the east of the county. Hundreds of miles are mainly rural roads and being able to drive them confidently is a skill that can be easily taught. Driving at night or navigating the single-track lanes without much signage or road markings can be worrisome, especially as most road traffic accidents are on rural roads, and many of these involve younger drivers. For example, the B3409 between Stockbridge and Winchester has seen many accidents, much the same as the B3354 between Botley and Coldham Common. We can create a course that encompasses the rural roads that worry you the most, and with a few Advanced Driving techniques, we can have you driving rurally with confidence in no time.
Urban Training – Southampton is by far the largest town in Hampshire and has seen many new urban routes created in the past decade. Other large towns such as Portsmouth, Andoversford, and Aldershot have also seen new routes spring up around the town centres. When we deliver urban driver training, we will take in all aspects of driving in busy town environments, from understanding the higher risks of pedestrians and cyclists and being able to navigate diversions that often happen when new routes are being constructed. More often than not, many larger towns have retail and industrial estates that are a little way out of the town centres but have large urban roundabouts and multi-lane traffic lights. These can be very stressful if you are unfamiliar with the roads. Our urban training will show you how to navigate busy environments so you can remain calm and confident with your own driving and other road users.
We currently offer a range of courses based on time. These are designed for drivers of all abilities, experience and budget ranges:
- 3.5hr – Our shortest course, ideal for those that need a short session for a range of reasons. Also popular for company clients who are training many drivers
- 2 x 3.5hr – If a full day is too much and a half-day not long enough, then our 2 x 3.5hr session is a great alternative. It allows time to absorb what has been taught in the first session and to then carry on and progress on the final session
- 7hr full day – A full day can be hard for some drivers, but for others is a great duration as it gets the training completed in one day, and is cheaper than splitting it over 2 sessions.
- For those that want more of a comprehensive session, we offer 3 – 4 and 5 x 3.5hr sessions. Designed for those with significant issues that need addressing or for those that simply want the maximum level of bespoke one-to-one training possible.