Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Gloucester
We have provided advanced and other bespoke driving courses in Gloucester for a number of years. Its location is great for driver training as we have a network of rural and urban roads nearby along with the M5 for motorway training – all of which we take clients on with our training sessions.
How We Are Different
Some time ago, we noticed that in a world where many things can be bespoke to your needs and arranged conveniently online, the driver training industry fell short. Despite the vital importance of improving road safety, it simply was not that easy to find high-quality, bespoke driver training to cater for your own specific needs and requirements. This is where we come in.
We cover Gloucester and all of the UK – We come to you for the training too.
Our courses are designed for companies and private individuals:
Our course options are based on duration and are designed to provide the best fit for a driver, whether that’s for a newly qualified driver or someone with 40+ years of experience:
- 3.5hr – Designed for drivers who need a short session. This is popular too for companies who are training 10+ drivers where we can train one driver AM and one PM
- 3.5hr x 2 – For those that feel a full day is too much in one go, and a 3.5hr alone is not enough. Suited to drivers who feel a rest in between sessions will work for them
- 7hr full day – This full-day course is ideal for those (both private and business customers) who want a driver or drivers to have a full-day intensive session
- We also offer 3.5 hours over 3,4, or 5 days, which don’t need to be taken back to back. Ideal for those who want to significantly increase the standard of their driving with one-to-one training over a number of hours
If you’re not sure what course duration is best for you, then our course duration explainer will help.
For all our bespoke driving courses in Gloucester, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Gloucester lies to the west of the M5 from the Midlands into Devon and is the gateway motorway into the southwest of the UK. By using the junctions of the M5, we can create a route to encompass your most worrying areas and journeys while using motorways. There are many reasons drivers worry about using motorways, from the higher speeds and more traffic using the road simultaneously to entering and exiting junctions safely and at the correct speed. When taking extra driver training, we teach many systems of car control that are used by the police, and there are several other driving systems that you were not taught when passing your driving test, including IPSGA – information, planning, speed, gear and acceleration. Learning to drive safely is vital for motorway travel, and by taking further training, you can stop avoiding fast motorway routes.
Rural Roads – Gloucestershire is a very rural area, especially toward the Cotswolds and the Stroud valleys, and we have helped many drivers become more confident when using minor B roads and narrow lanes. Rural driving can be very hazardous at certain times of the year. Flooding, ice and tree fall in the winter can cause issues. Some of the worse areas for accidents are the A417 towards Cirencester and the A38 Bristol Road towards Stroud, the narrow country lanes leading from both of these have seen many severe accidents, and as there are fewer signs and speed cameras, it can be tempting to speed, and unfortunately, it is the younger drivers who end up in trouble. By taking rural driver training, you can become much more comfortable using minor roads and learn how to improve your planning, observation and car control.
Urban Training – Gloucester is a bustling city, and it can be frustrating for many drivers when using urban roads. A lack of patience is often the cause of many urban accidents, and although they may not be as severe as rural or motorway driving due to lower speeds but can still be costly and very upsetting. Knowing how to use your mirrors for all round observations and good indications to show other drivers of your intentions is vital for urban driving. The main roads into Gloucester centre have seen many accidents, including Metz Way and Estcourt Road, and these collisions may have been avoided with increased observations and patience. Our advanced driver training can take you around the urban centres of Gloucester and will help you consider cyclists, pedestrians, and public transport routes to ensure that you are as safe as possible when using busy city centre routes.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
If you are researching advanced driving courses, please contact us for more information, and to get a free quote, based on the number of drivers you wish to train.