Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Gloucester
We have provided advanced driving courses in Gloucester for a number of years. Its location is great for driver training as we have a network of rural and urban roads nearby along with the M5 for motorway training – all of which we take clients on, with our training sessions.
We cover Gloucester and all of the UK – We come to you for the training too.
Our courses are designed for companies and private individuals:
Our course options are based on duration, and are designed to provide a best fit for a driver, whether thats for a newly qualified driver, or someone with 40+ years experience:
- 3.5hr – Designed for drivers who need a short session. This is popular too for companies who are training 10+ drivers where we can train one driver AM and one PM
- 3.5hr x 2 – For those that feel a full day is too much in one go, and a 3.5hr alone is not enough. Suited to drivers who feel a rest in between sessions will work for them
- 7hr full day – This full day course is ideal for those (both private and business customers) who want a driver or drivers to have a full day intensive session
- We also offer 3.5hrs over 3,4 or 5 days, which don’t need to be taken back to back. Ideal for those who want to significantly increase the standard of their driving with one to one training over a number of hours
Much of our training in Gloucester takes place in the centre for urban training, and also out towards nearby towns and areas for rural road training. We often head towards Stroud and Cirencester for rural road training, or up towards Worcester on a range of A and B roads. Sometimes, depending on the duration of the course we may head towards Hereford and into Mid Wales. Rural roads are often the most challenging so it makes sense that every driver we train gets exposure and training on these, potentially deadly roads.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
If you are researching advanced driving courses, please contact us for more information, and to get a free quote, based on the number of drivers you wish to train.