Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Glasgow
Glasgow is a popular location for our advanced driving courses due to its location, and abundance of businesses located in the city. We don’t just provide training for businesses, we also provide bespoke training for private individuals too.
There are a number of benefits of taking driver training with Drivers Domain UK:
* Bespoke training based on a drivers specific needs
* Personal account manager
* Hand picked fleet/advanced tutors who are all registered with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
* Detailed reporting for each driver – with notes from the tutor who provided the training
* National coverage
* We come to you for the training
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We currently offer a range of courses, based on time. These are designed for drivers of all abilities, experience and budget ranges:
- 3.5hr – Our shortest course, ideal for those that need a short session for a range of reasons. Also popular for company clients who are training many drivers
- 2 x 3.5hr – If a full day is too much, and a half day not long enough, then our 2 x 3.5hr session is a great alternative. It allows time to absorb what has been taught on the first session, and to then carry on and progress on the final session
- 7hr full day – A full day can be hard for some drivers, but for others is a great duration as it gets the training completed in one day, and is cheaper than splitting it over 2 sessions
- For those that want more of a comprehensive session we offer 3 – 4 and 5 x 3.5hr sessions. Designed for those with significant issues that need addressing, or for those that simply want the maximum level of bespoke one to one training possible.
Our courses in Glasgow cover a wide range of roads in and around the city. We cover the following road types during our training:
Rural roads – We head out of the centre on a range of roads including the A8, A725, A737 towards Edinburgh, or south towards East Kilbride, sometimes rural training takes drivers north west towards Dumbarton.
Motorway training – We use a range of motorways including the M80, M73 and M8. Glasgow has an extensive network of motorways, which is great for motorway training.
Urban roads – The centre of Glasgow is busy and makes a great location for urban driver training. We incorporate parts of the motorway training with urban training, with the M8 and M74 flowing directly into the centre. If traffic is too heavy in the centre we can move out towards Baillieston, Bishopsbriggs or similar.
Please use the contact form on the upper right of this screen, and a member of staff will be able to send you a quote based on the number of drivers you are looking at training.