Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Glasgow
Glasgow is a popular location for our driving courses due to its location, and abundance of businesses located in the city. We don’t just provide training for businesses, we also provide bespoke training for private individuals too.
There are a number of benefits of taking driver training with Drivers Domain UK:
* Bespoke training based on a driver’s specific needs
* Personal account manager
* Handpicked fleet/advanced tutors who are all registered with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
* Detailed reporting for each driver – with notes from the tutor who provided the training
* National coverage
* We come to you for the training
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
Drivers Domain UK provides a range of fully bespoke driving courses to companies and private individuals across the UK. For companies, we also provide a range of fleet support services. We have a friendly and flexible approach to training and have a genuine passion for improving driving standards and road safety in the UK.
• General car advanced/defensive driver training
• Refresher driver training
• Confidence driver training
• Pre-Court advanced driving courses
• Post-RTC driver training
• New car familiarisation
• Young driver training
• Mature driver training
• Motorway driver training
• Performance car training
• General car and van advanced/defensive driver training
• New employee induction training
• Post-RTC training for employees returning to a driving role
• Confidence driver training for employees
• Speed awareness courses
• HGV driver training
• Online risk assessments
• Road safety presentations
• Fleet management
• More bespoke/specialist courses (road rage, phobia, high-risk etc.)
For all our bespoke driving courses in Glasgow, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Glasgow has a few motorways dedicated to the city, the M77 from Kilmarnock, the M8 from Erskine into Edinburgh and the M80 leading further north. Creating a route combining these routes has hugely increased confidence for motorway travel for many drivers who suffer from anxiety on fast, busy roads. Many techniques make motorway driving less stressful. Introducing them to nervous drivers can help with better observations and planning routes and help avoid being boxed in by large lorries and high-sided vans. Entering and exiting motorway junctions can be worrying, but learning how to deal with these safely and with confidence can make a world of difference.
Rural Roads – Glasgow is surrounded by rural countryside, and unfortunately, these roads can be very hazardous if you are not familiar with using them regularly or are familiar with them but drive too fast. Scotland is primarily a very rural country, and many drivers have come to harm on quiet narrow lanes, and unfortunately, they tend to often be younger drivers with little experience. The A81 and the B821 towards Blanefield and Killearn have seen many rural accidents very similar to the B825 and the A89 toward Armadale and Avonbridge, many that may have been avoided with better observations and understanding of how to drive well on challenging minor roads. Many other issues for diving rurally, such as adverse weather conditions through the winter months, can bring flooding and ice, plus less street lighting and very few warning signs. Reading the road in rural environments is vital for staying safe, and a few advanced driver techniques can be beneficial for increasing overall driving confidence.
Urban Training – Glasgow is a bustling city and straddles the river Clyde with the Kingston, King George and Glasgow bridges. We have used these routes to help drivers become more confident when driving in bustling urban environments. The large intersection of junctions around the M8 and the M74 is ideal for urban training as it will take in the large roundabouts and multi-line junctions that cause the most issues, especially during rush hours. The more minor roads leading into Glasgow city, such as Argyle Street and Union Street, are particularly accident-prone. Many may have been avoided with better observations and plenty of patience. Advanced driver training will show you techniques to enable you to anticipate the actions of other drivers and teach you to use your mirrors and indicators more proactively, and allow other drivers to see your intentions to move.
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We currently offer a range of courses based on time. These are designed for drivers of all abilities, experience and budget ranges:
- 3.5hr – Our shortest course is ideal for those that need a short session for a range of reasons. Also popular for company clients who are training many drivers
- 2 x 3.5hr – If a full day is too much and a half-day is not long enough, then our 2 x 3.5hr session is a great alternative. It allows time to absorb what has been taught in the first session and to then carry on and progress on the final session
- 7hr full day – A full day can be hard for some drivers, but for others is a great duration as it gets the training completed in one day and is cheaper than splitting it over 2 sessions
- For those that want more of a comprehensive session, we offer 3 – 4 and 5 x 3.5hr sessions. Designed for those with significant issues that need addressing or for those that simply want the maximum level of bespoke one-to-one training possible.
Please use the contact form on the upper right of this screen, and a member of staff will be able to send you a quote based on the number of drivers you are looking at training.