Glasgow is a popular location for our advanced driving courses due to its location, and abundance of businesses located in the city.
We have a number of qualified advanced driving instructors in and around Glasgow, and in recent years have help a large number of businesses that wanted to train between 1 to 100+ drivers.
We cover Glasgow + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses in Glasgow cover a wide range of roads in and around the city. We cover the following road types during our training:
Rural roads – We head out of the centre on a range of roads including the A8, A725, A737 towards Edinburgh, or south towards East Kilbride, sometimes rural training takes drivers north west towards Dumbarton.
Motorway training – We use a range of motorways including the M80, M73 and M8. Glasgow has an extensive network of motorways, which is great for motorway training.
Urban roads – The centre of Glasgow is busy and makes a great location for urban driver training. We incorporate parts of the motorway training with urban training, with the M8 and M74 flowing directly into the centre. If traffic is too heavy in the centre we can move out towards Baillieston, Bishopsbriggs or similar.
Please use the contact form on the upper right of this screen, and a member of staff will be able to send you a quote based on the number of drivers you are looking at training.