Are advanced and defensive driving courses in Farnborough are designed to make drivers safer and more aware of their driving environment. Training that starts from Farnborough covers a range of roads including:
M3 – for motorway driver training, where we focus on the specific nature of motorways and what a driver needs to do to remain safe.
A3013, A3016 (and other roads) – A roads in and around Farnborough are often in or travel through rural locations. Rural roads are among the most dangerous types of road due to the high speeds, combined with the curved, challenging nature of the roads. As a result our courses focus on building a drivers level of skill and confidence on these roads.
Farnborough centre – We like to dedicate a portion of our advanced driving course to urban driving, so drivers can better anticipate vulnerable road users like cyclists – and have a better appreciation for pedestrians and other vehicles. We tend to use roads in the centre like Farnborough Road, Camp Farm Road etc. We also head out of the centre of Farnborough to semi-urban areas like Cove and Frimley Green depending on traffic.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses are designed to be flexible and to adapt to the needs of the driver – unlike other providers we don’t offer a rigid training plan, but a session that is designed to get the very best out of the driver.