Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Exeter
Exeter is a popular location for our advanced and defensive driving courses. We help both private and business customers. We have a range of courses, which are designed to fit with the exact needs and requirements of the driver, whether that be a comprehensive training plan for many or a one-off session for just one.
Advantages of training with us:
* We have a range of bespoke courses
* We care for you, before, during and after a course
* Your course manager will get to know you, and your specific needs
* Driver progress is recorded and detailed on our bespoke driving reports, sent to you by email after the course, so you can see progress and overall risk of a driver
Courses for Private Clients:
• General car advanced/defensive driver training
• Refresher driver training
• Confidence driver training
• Pre-Court advanced driving courses
• Post RTC driver training
• New car familiarisation
• Young driver training
• Mature driver training
• Motorway driver training
• Performance car training
• Driving course vouchers for all the above
Courses for Business Clients:
• General car and van advanced/defensive driver training
• New employee induction training
• Post RTC training for employees returning to a driving role
• Confidence driver training for employees
• Speed awareness courses
• HGV driver training
• Online risk assessments
• Road safety presentations
• Fleet management
• More bespoke/specialist courses (road rage, phobia, high-risk etc.)
Our bespoke training is what separates us from other training providers. The thought of a rigid tick box, one size fits all driving course fills us with dread. They’re uninspiring, boring and rarely get the most from a driver. So when we talk about “bespoke training”, what do we actually mean?
We look at training the same way we look at our customers, whether business or private; each one is unique. Every driver is different with regards to driving, based on both internal and external elements. Internal elements are things such as personality type, attitudes, concentration. External elements are things such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative experiences etc.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training
Remember – All of our on-road driving courses are bespoke to your own needs. This relates to both business and private customers
Our courses take place on a range of roads in and around Exeter including:
Motorways – We use the M5 for all advanced driver training that starts from Exeter. Once on the M5, we head north towards Taunton where we focus on developing a driver on these specific roads. Every driver is different, and our training reflects this. Sometimes we need to focus on space management, other times confidence is an issue, and so we adjust to the driver’s needs.
Rural roads – Sometimes we conduct the rural training before the motorway element, or sometimes after. If it is after and we have used the M5 to get towards Taunton, we often come back towards Exeter via a range of rural roads such as the B3227, which is a particularly challenging road.
During rural road training, we help a driver deal with varying road surfaces, which on rural roads do vary somewhat. We also look at the unique dangers associated with rural roads, such as mud on road from farm machinery, large farm machinery themselves, which often take up a huge proportion of the road, and the varying cambers and corners, which are commonplace on these roads.
Urban roads – In the centre of Exeter we look at training drivers to become safer and more observant. We often use a range of roads including Fore Street, North and South Street, Western Way and many other roads.
If the centre of Exeter is too busy, we may avoid the centre and head towards more suburban areas just out the centre such as Heavitree, Marsh Barton and similar.
We have a range of course designed to help drivers of all ages and experience:
1 x 3.5hr course – Designed for companies training drivers back to back, or if a private client wants a short session, with a view to a longer course, or just to have a taster to our courses
2 x 3.5hr sessions -If you don’t want a 7hr session but more than a 3.5hr session, this course is great – lots of learning can take place on these courses, which are suited to drivers who need time to reflect after a course. Also ideal if a driver gets tired quickly or who simply don’t want a 7hr session
1 x 7hr session – This is an intensive session, and great for those that want to get a course completed in one day. Ideal if you are pushed for time.
3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – These courses are for those, mostly private customers that want a more in-depth, longer-term training plan.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that’s a session for one or 100+. As a result, we can provide a course, which best fit’s your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.