Doncaster is one of the most popular towns in South Yorkshire for us as a business. We have already helped over 100 companies in Yorkshire with advanced driver training, of which 30 of these have been from the Doncaster area.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Advanced Driving Courses in Doncaster: Training areas:
Motorway – We tend to use the M1, M62, and sometimes the A1(M) for motorway training, which focuses on forward planning, and learning to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front. We also look at how to deal with emergencies, and how to safely join and leave the carriageway safely and under control.
Rural roads – We use the wide network of rural roads in Doncaster when providing rural training. We often head out towards Scunthorpe or down towards Sheffield or across to Huddersfield, depending on your location. Rural roads are where many serious accidents occur and so we tend to place a lot of focus on rural roads for all drivers, taking our advanced driving course. We focus on car control, cornering and braking as well as how to deal with often adverse road surfaces, and driving conditions that are often unique to challenging rural roads.
Urban roads – The centre of Doncaster is perfect for the urban driving element of the course, which focuses on speed awareness and hazards such as pedestrians and cyclists. Urban training in the centre of Doncaster takes place on many roads such as Hall Cross Hill, White Rose Way and similar. We also head out of Doncaster towards Woodlands, Warmsworth and other semi-urban areas for the urban part of a course.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions