Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Doncaster
Doncaster is one of the most popular towns in South Yorkshire for us as a business. We have already helped many companies and private individuals in Yorkshire with advanced and other bespoke driver training courses.
Driving Courses in Doncaster: Training areas:
Motorway – We tend to use the M1, M62, and sometimes the A1(M) for motorway training, which focuses on forward planning, and learning to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front. We also look at how to deal with emergencies, and how to safely join and leave the carriageway safely and under control.
Rural roads – We use the wide network of rural roads in Doncaster when providing rural training. We often head out towards Scunthorpe or down towards Sheffield or across to Huddersfield, depending on your location. Rural roads are where many serious accidents occur and so we tend to place a lot of focus on rural roads for all drivers, taking our advanced driving course. We focus on car control, cornering and braking as well as how to deal with often adverse road surfaces, and driving conditions that are often unique to challenging rural roads.
Urban roads – The centre of Doncaster is perfect for the urban driving element of the course, which focuses on speed awareness and hazards such as pedestrians and cyclists. Urban training in the centre of Doncaster takes place on many roads such as Hall Cross Hill, White Rose Way and similar. We also head out of Doncaster towards Woodlands, Warmsworth and other semi-urban areas for the urban part of a course.
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 25 key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report will be proof the driver has received professional driver training from a DVSA registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report.
We have a number of course options designed to cater for drivers of all levels and experience:
- 1 x 3.5hr session – Ideal for a spring clean of ones driving, or if you are training a number of drivers back to back
- 2 x 3.5hr sessions – Ideal for those that want more in-depth training but want this over two sessions
- 1 x 7hr session – For those that want an intensive single session. Ideal for businesses with one driver who needs specific help or someone who would have a course compacted into one day
- 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – Designed for those that want the most detailed one to one training possible, which can be taken at intervals convenient to them Please use our course duration explainer for more help with the best duration for you.
All our courses are bespoke to the needs of the driver, whether that’s a session for one or 100+. As a result, we can provide a course, which best fit’s your needs. Please call us or use the contact form upper right for more information.