Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Crawley
West Sussex is a popular location for advanced driver training for us. Crawley is probably the most popular area in West Sussex for driver training, having provided bespoke driving courses to many companies and private individuals.
Some time ago, we saw that in a society where various things can be bespoke to your requirements and arranged conveniently online, the driver training industry fell short. Despite the essential value of increasing road safety, it was not that easy to find high calibre, bespoke driver training to cater for your individual specific needs and requirements. This is where we come in. We make high-quality, bespoke driver training convenient and easily accessible for customers.
With a focus on outstanding quality, we provide a personal, one-to-one service backed by a skilled team of experts who love what they do.
We cover all of West Sussex and also all of the UK. We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals using our nationwide network of DVSA-registered advanced driving tutors.
During a session, we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed Awareness
* Developing a confident attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in dense traffic and providing sufficient space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, and planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
For all our bespoke driving courses in Crawley, we provide training on a range of roads and different areas, which can include:
Motorway training – Crawley is located to the south of London and is served by the M23 motorway, which links to Gatwick Airport and the M25 for easy access into the capital. With motorway driving, you will find a set of challenges unlike any other road. Faster speeds, more lanes to navigate, and extra traffic can worry drivers unfamiliar with using motorways. Motorway accidents are mainly found around the junctions where drivers enter and exit at speed, and knowing how to do this safely is paramount. When taking some extra training for motorway driving, we can teach you specific driving systems that will help with your observations and forward planning, as well as show you how to maintain the correct speed and overtake or change lanes. This will allow other drivers to be aware of your intentions, which can be lifesaving.
Rural Roads – Much of Crawley is surrounded by open countryside and has many rural roads to navigate if you intend to drive out of the area without using motorways. Many people use rural roads because they fear motorway driving and will find an alternative route, but in reality, accidents in rural areas can be far more severe. Driving in rural areas will have challenges, such as hardly any street lighting, fewer signs and some very winding roads where forward vision is often obstructed. The Rusper Road to the east of Crawley is littered with accident sites, as are parts of the A264 and the Copford Common road to the west. In many cases, these collisions may have been avoided with better observation and planning. Driving in a way that allows you to hold back on winding roads where forward views may be obstructed and understanding the regulations needed for rural roads can be an asset, especially if you find yourself driving on rural roads regularly.
Urban Training – Crawley is a very busy town, and the urban layout systems can be stressful, especially during rush hour traffic. Although the centre of Crawly is pedestrianised, the roads leading into the centre are often busy with one-way systems and public transport routes. Knowing how to anticipate the actions of other road users, including cyclists and pedestrians, is vital if you travel in urban areas for work purposes. Station Way and College Road have seen many accidents occurring at junctions and roundabouts where drivers are often simply impatient. Creating a space bubble around yourself is very helpful, allowing you to assess your surroundings before indicating and making moves that other drivers may not see. Although accidents occur more often in urban areas, they tend to be less severe due to lower speeds, but still, they can be very costly and upsetting.
Why Invest in Driver Training?
* Demonstrate your Duty of Care
* Motivate your drivers
* Increase the level of safety of your drivers
* Reduce road traffic collision rates
* Save on fuel and fleet insurance costs
* Industry-leading price and service
* Local service, national strength with 230 tutors
* Personal account manager for all clients
* One-to-one customer service
How We Arrange a Course (business):
* After agreeing to undertake training, we ask you to confirm the numbers and desired dates
* We check availability with our tutors and then confirm with you
* Courses are confirmed
* Our tutors arrive on-site at the agreed dates and provide training in your own cars/van
* We provide you with a course report for each driver a few days after training