Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Cornwall
We make high quality, bespoke driver training convenient and easily accessible for customers. With a focus on exceptional quality, we provide a personal, one-to-one service supported by a talented team of professionals who love what they do.
Due to Cornwall’s rural location, advanced driver training is of specific importance to help improve drivers safety.
The vast majority of serious and fatal road traffic collisions occur on these rural roads. The challenging nature, and relatively high speeds that vehicles travel at when on these roads are key factors that contribute to the high accident rates.
Our advanced driving courses are designed to help drivers plan, observe and gain a far superior level of car control to become safer, more controlled drivers. Our advanced driving courses in Cornwall cover a wide range of roads. We can provide training from all the main towns including:
St Ives – Helston – Truro – St. Austell – Bodmin – Newquay – Padstow – Bude – Liskeard
Our advanced driving courses, depending on where you are in Cornwall cover a range of A roads including the A390, A391, A39, along with a range of B and sometimes unclassified roads, to ensure you gain the most from your advanced driving course.
Should you specifically want motorway driving we can head towards Exeter and train on the M5. We can train any number of drivers, from 1 to over 1,000. We have already successfully helped a number of businesses and private customers that are located in Cornwall become safer drivers.
During a session we typically focus on:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We know you have a choice when it comes to driver training. Over the years we have worked hard to ensure we differentiate ourselves based on service and quality of training. Training with us means you benefit from:
* One to one driver training
* Personal account management, a member of our team will get to know you, and your specific needs
* National UK coverage – we come to you for the training
* Only the most dedicated, professional advanced driving tutors work with us
* All tutors are handpicked and are Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency registered
* Full reporting for each person taking our course, sent on email after a course
Our bespoke training is what divides us from other training providers. The idea of a rigid tick box, one size fits all driving course fills us with dread. They’re dull, a little tedious and seldom get the most from a driver.
How we score a driver:
We score a driver in over 20 areas of driving both before and after a course, from Excellent to Poor, so you can see the areas of improvement, in what areas, along with handwritten notes from the tutor. Each driver taking the training will also be graded an overall road risk from low to high.
Get in touch:
We have a number of courses and price options. Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish.
Remember – We build all our driving courses from scratch, and are built around your specific needs. This applies to both business and private customers, all over the UK.