Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Colchester
We provide advanced driver training to a number of companies and private individuals in and around the county of Essex – Colchester is the most popular place in the county for us, to provide driver training.
We cover Colchester/Essex and all of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors. We appreciate you have a choice when it comes to driver training. Over the years we have worked hard to ensure we differentiate ourselves based on service and quality of training.
Due to our training’s bespoke nature, we have a driving course ideal for everyone. While many of our courses for business and private customers overlap, all courses are available to either.
Training with us means you benefit from:
* One to one driver training
* Personal account management, a member of our team will get to know you, and your specific needs
* National UK coverage – we come to you for the training
* Only the most dedicated, professional advanced driving tutors work with us
* All tutors are handpicked and are Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency registered
Our bespoke training is what separates us from other training providers. The thought of a rigid tick box, one size fits all driving course fills us with dread. They’re uninspiring, boring and rarely get the most from a driver. So when we talk about “bespoke training”, what do we actually mean?
We look at training the same way we look at our customers, whether business or private; each one is unique. Every driver is different with regards to driving, based on both internal and external elements. Internal elements are things such as personality type, attitudes, concentration. External elements are things such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative experiences etc.
More and more companies are investing in advanced driver training – key benefits of such are:
* Reduced accident rate among drivers
* Lower fleet insurance
* Lower fuel costs
* Improved driver morale
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
“We have seen a 68.5% reduction in damage to our car amongst our team of staff across the UK and Northern Ireland since we have used Drivers Domain UK for our advanced driver training. As a charity that saves lives at sea, ongoing training is critical to ensuring the safety of our staff on and off the water.”
RNLI – Royal National Lifeboat Institution
Remember – Each driving course is totally bespoke to your own specific needs and requirements. This applies to both our business and private client courses.
Our advanced driving courses cover a range of roads and driving including:
* Urban Roads – in Colchester this is mainly in the centre, or in areas slightly out of the centre such as Lexden, Beacon End, Highwoods etc.
* Rural Roads – There is an excellent range of rural roads near Colchester, often training takes drivers towards Braintree, or up towards the Ipswich area.
* Motorways – The M11 and M25 are the best options for motorway driving. However, there is a range of dual carriageways where we can also do this training around the Colchester area.
Get in touch:
Please contact us for a quote to train your drivers. A member of our team will be more than pleased to help you.