We have a number of highly qualified advanced driving tutors located in and around Chichester, who can provide an advanced & defensive driving course for your company car or van drivers.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced courses are designed to help a driver:
* Become safer and more observant
* Have a better appreciation of potential dangers
* Develop a better understanding of why accidents occur
* Have improved car control
* Gain an insight into the psychology of driving
* Develop advanced forward planning and anticipation
* Adopt a more proactive, positive approach to driving
Our courses are split onto three road types:
Motorway – Courses from Chichester include a motorway element.
We use the A3(M) heading north sometimes up to the M25 where we focus on the unique nature of motoways, how to keep a safe distance, effective observing, how to enter and exit these roads safely, and how to generally improve a drivers safety level on these roads. Motorways are the safest types of roads. However, they are busy and do require special attention. Motorways, despite being safe are also the most feared types of roads to drive on.
Rural roads – Being in a relatively rural area Chichester has a vast network of rural roads where we can provide training. We often head out on a range of A/B and sometimes unclassified roads past Boxgrove, towards Arundel.
Sometimes we head North East past the famous Goodwood and continue in this direction, where we can pickup the M25 before heading back down, which combines the motorway element to the training. Rural road training specifically looks at car control and how to stay safe on these often dangerous roads.
Urban training – We always ensure urban training is included in our courses. This helps drivers gain a better understanding of driving in busy, built up areas. Cyclists, dense traffic and slow speeds is often frustrating. We help driver gain a safer, fresh perspective on these roads. In the centre of Chichester we drive on Orchard Street, Market Road, Avenue De Chartres and many more. If the traffic is too bad in the centre we will head to more suburban areas such as Portfield, Stockbridge or similar…
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Please contact us for a personalised quote and a member of our team will be in touch within 2 hours during working hours.