Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Chesterfield
A number of companies and private individuals based in Chesterfield already use us for advanced and defensive driver training. Our advanced driving courses are based all over the UK, although we have around 30 tutors within a 20 mile radius of Chesterfield.
Our current business customers come from a range of industries including oil & gas, construction, retail and manufacturing. For private individuals we offer a wide range of courses, which you can lean more below.
We cover this area + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our advanced driving courses are designed to help reduce the occupational road risk of drivers.
The key benefits to businesses are:
* Reduced fleet insurance and claims
* A safer workforce
* Improved company reputation
* Reduce fuel costs
* Improved driver morale
We look at improving a driver though one of our courses, that can be either a half day or full day.
We find many clients opt for a full day, and then train 2 drivers with one tutor, so each driver receives around 3.5 hours training. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Chesterfield is a good location for advanced driver training as there are a range of roads where we can perform driver training including in and around the centre of Chesterfield for urban awareness, and up towards Sheffield or across to Worksop for rural road training.
Motorway driving is a key part of the course and we tend to almost always use the M1 for this, being located a convenient distance from the centre of Chesterfield. We use a range of roads when training including the M1 as mentioned, and also the A1, A6102, A57 and A618 – among many more A and B roads, and sometimes narrow unclassified roads too.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Get in touch:
We have a number of courses and price options. Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish.