We offer advanced and defensive driving courses in Carlisle for companies that want to lower the road risk of their drivers. Our courses are either a full or half day. If you are wanting to train a number of drivers, we can split the training so one driver goes out in the morning and one in the afternoon. This is the most cost and time effective format.
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our training covers:
Motorway training – In Carlisle we conduct all our motorway training on the M6. The M6 in Carlisle is fast, and often not too congested, which helps us make progress. Compared to other courses we run around the UK, Carlisle probably has the longest motorway training element due to the lack of traffic. With motorway training we focus on forward planning, anticipation, and how to deal with a range of situations that can arise on these roads.
Rural training – Carlisle has a large number of rural roads, and so it makes sense to provide driver training on such.
Depending on your location we often head South East towards Wigton on a range of A,B and sometimes unclassified roads.
We often head south from Carlisle and then pickup the M6 north, so we can effectively combine the rural road element with the motorway part. Rural training places specific focus on:
* Forward planning
* Car control
* Speed awareness
* Anticipation of other road users
* Cornering and progress
* Dealing with adverse road surfaces
Urban training – We do use the centre of Carlisle for urban training, which is designed to make drivers more aware of vulnerable road users (such as cyclists), urban traffic lanes, speed limits and slow moving traffic management. We use a range of roads in the centre of Carlisle including Warwick Road and many more – it does all depend on your location.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
To enquire about an advanced driving course in Carlisle please contact us and a member of our team will be delighted to help you.