Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Cambridgeshire
We have a number of specialist qualified ADIs (Approved Driving Instructors) that can deliver an advanced and defensive driving course for as few as 1 or over 1,000 drivers in and around the county of Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire has a wide range of road that allows us to undertake advanced driving courses including the A14, M11, A11 and other similar roads.
We can start an advanced driving course from anywhere in Cambridgeshire – including Huntingdon, Ely, Cambridge, St. Neots. We come to you, which means your location is not an issue. We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our course options are based on duration, and are designed to provide a best fit for a driver, whether thats for a newly qualified driver, or someone with 40+ years experience:
* 3.5hr – Designed for drivers who need a short session. This is popular too for companies who are training 10+ drivers where we can train one driver AM and one PM
* 3.5hr x 2 – For those that feel a full day is too much in one go, and a 3.5hr alone is not enough. Suited to drivers who feel a rest in between sessions will work for them
* 7hr full day – This full day course is ideal for those (both private and business customers) who want a driver or drivers to have a full day intensive session
* We also offer 3.5hrs over 3,4 or 5 days, which don’t need to be taken back to back. Ideal for those who want to significantly increase the standard of their driving with one to one training over a number of hours.
We try and cover as many areas as possible when running an advanced driving course. For example if you wanted to start an advanced driving course from the centre of Cambridge, there would be a part of the course dedicated to driving around the city centre, and then the training would move outwards towards Huntingdon or St Neots depending on your location.
Driving out towards Ely is good for driver training on a range on rural roads. The M11 as you can guess, is great for motorway driving.
During a session we mostly look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We have already trained many drivers in Cambridgeshire – should you wish to get a quote for training your drivers (or yourself), please get in contact, and a member of our team will be able to send you a quote.