Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Cambridge
We have helped many companies and private clients in Cambridge over the last few years that have wanted to improve the safety of their drivers or increase their own level of driver skill. Cambridge is a popular location for advanced driver training as it has a wide and diverse network of roads.
We cover Cambridge + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our course options are based on duration, and are designed to provide the best fit for a driver, whether that’s for a newly qualified driver or someone with 40+ years of experience:
- 3.5hr – Designed for drivers who need a short session. This is popular too for companies who are training 10+ drivers where we can train one driver AM and one PM.
- 3.5hr x 2 – For those that feel a full day is too much in one go, and a 3.5hr alone is not enough. Suited to drivers who feel a rest in between sessions will work for them.
- 7hr full day – This full-day course is ideal for those (both private and business customers) who want a driver or drivers to have a full day intensive session.
- We also offer 3.5hrs over 3,4 or 5 days, which don’t need to be taken back to back. Ideal for those who want to significantly increase the standard of their driving with one to one training over a number of hours.
With our courses we tend to vary the types of roads to cover the following:
* Urban – Most takes place around the centre and in areas such as Cherry Hinton, Chesterton or Histon, depending on your location. Cyclists in Cambridge is one of the largest risks drivers face (and vice-versa!) and so this is reflected in the training.
* Rural – Most accidents happen on rural roads and so it makes sense to incorporate rural roads when we train drivers. From Cambridge, we tend to head out towards Huntingdon, or St Neots, or down south as far as Stevenage.
* Motorway – Almost all training for motorways, should this be part of the training tends to be on the M11.
Our courses are designed to make drivers more aware of the risks of driving, and how to become more defensive motorists.
“We have seen a 68.5% reduction in damage to our car amongst our team of staff across the UK and Northern Ireland since we have used Drivers Domain UK for our advanced driver training. As a charity that saves lives at sea, ongoing training is critical to ensuring the safety of our staff on and off the water.”
RNLI – Royal National Lifeboat Institution
Remember – Each driving course is bespoke to your own needs. This applies to both business and individual customers across the UK
Our courses cover a range of elements including:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
After the training, you will receive a full driving report, which will outline the driving standard both before and after the training. We measure a driver in 20+ key areas and score them either excellent, very good, good, adequate or poor. We do this at the start and the end, so you can see the improvement and in what areas. There will also be notes from the tutor too.
This report (and course) will be completed by a professional DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving instructor. The tutors DVSA registration number will be recorded on this report. As you may have seen from our website, we come to you for the training, which takes place in your own car.
How we score a driver:
We score a driver in over 20 areas of driving both before and after a course, from Excellent to Poor, so you can see the areas of improvement, in what areas, along with handwritten notes from the tutor. Each driver taking the training will also be graded an overall road risk from low to high.
Please contact us for more information about how we can help you.