We have helped over 30 companies in Cambridge over the last few years that have wanted to improve the safety of their drivers. Cambridge is a popular location for advanced driver training as it has a wide and diverse network of roads.
We cover Cambridge + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our course options are based on duration, and are designed to provide a best fit for a driver, whether thats for a newly qualified driver, or someone with 40+ years experience:
- 3.5hr – Designed for drivers who need a short session. This is popular too for companies who are training 10+ drivers where we can train one driver AM and one PM
- 3.5hr x 2 – For those that feel a full day is too much in one go, and a 3.5hr alone is not enough. Suited to drivers who feel a rest in between sessions will work for them
- 7hr full day – This full day course is ideal for those (both private and business customers) who want a driver or drivers to have a full day intensive session
- We also offer 3.5hrs over 3,4 or 5 days, which don’t need to be taken back to back. Ideal for those who want to significantly increase the standard of their driving with one to one training over a number of hours
With our courses we tend to vary the types of roads to cover the following:
* Urban – Most takes place around the centre and in areas such as Cherry Hinton, Chesterton or Histon, depending on your location. Cyclists in Cambridge is one of the largest risks drivers face (and vice-versa!) and so this is reflected in the training.
* Rural – Most accidents happen on rural roads and so it makes sense to incorporate rural roads when we train drivers. From Cambridge we tend to head out towards Huntingdon, or St Neots, or down south as far as Stevenage.
* Motorway – Almost all training for motorways, should this be part of the training tends to be on the M11.
Our courses are designed to make drivers more aware of the risks of driving, and how to become more defensive motorists.
Our courses cover a range of elements including:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
We have around 15 tutors within 20 miles of Cambridge. Please contact us for more information about our courses in Cambridge, and a member of our team will be in touch.