Our advanced driving courses in Burton Upon Trent are designed to cover a wide range of roads, to ensure each driver receives the very best level of driver training possible.
Our courses cover urban driving, rural driving and also motorways.
The urban element usually takes place in the centre of Burton, or nearby areas such as Stapenhill, Horninglow or wherever is most convenient depending on the time of the day and location.
The rural road training usually involves heading towards Derby, or southwards to Litchfield – where there are a range of challenging roads, which are perfect for rural training, where we introduce and develop a range of advanced driving techniques. Motorway training takes place on M42, or M6 if this is required.
We cover this area + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses do vary in structure, although we have a number of courses based on duration:
2 x 3.5hr sessions
3 x 3.5hr sessions
4 x 3.5r sessions
5 x 3.5hr sessions
Get in touch:
We have a number of courses and price options. Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish.