Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Bournemouth
We have a number of highly qualified advanced driving tutors based in Bournemouth, that can provide advanced and defensive driving courses to yourself and also company car and van drivers. We have already helped many private customers and companies in this area make safer, more skilful drivers.
With over 240 tutors around the UK, of which 30 of them are within a 50-mile drive from Bournemouth we can provide a training package for you.
Due to our training’s bespoke nature, we have a driving course ideal for everyone. While courses we offer are for both business and private customers, all are available to either. There is no set course just for private or just for business clients.
We look at training the same way we look at our customers, whether business or private; each one is individual. Every driver is different with regards to driving, based on both internal and external elements. Internal elements are characteristics such as personality type, attitudes, concentration. External elements are things such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative experiences etc.
We have a number of course options designed to cater for drivers of all levels and experience:
* 1 x 3.5hr session – Ideal for a spring clean of ones driving, or if you are training a number of drivers back to back
* 2 x 3.5hr sessions – Ideal for those that want more in-depth training but want this over two sessions
* 1 x 7hr session – For those that want an intensive single session. Ideal for businesses with one driver who needs specific help or someone who would have a course compacted into one day
* 3,4 or 5 x 3.5hr sessions – Designed for those that want the most detailed one to one training possible, which can be taken at intervals convenient to them
Our courses are not just advanced – we can also provide training for those who need refresher driver training, motorway driver training and confidence driver training too.
Training Locations in Bournemouth:
We can start training from your office but below are the locations we typically visit when providing driver training:
Bournemouth Centre – Ideal for urban driving to help build forward planning and awareness, and to help with speed appreciation and control in restricted areas.
Towards Yeovil or Southampton – Ideal for rural driving, where a range of A and B roads can provide an excellent backdrop for training.
Southampton bound – Ideal for motorway training, which is on M27/M3
We score a driver in over 20 areas of driving both before and after a course, from Excellent to Poor, so you can see the areas of development, in what areas, along with handwritten notes from the tutor. Each driver taking the training will also be rated an overall road risk from low to high.
Remember – Each driving course is bespoke to your own needs. This applies to both business and individual customers across the UK
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Get in touch:
We have a number of courses and price options. Please email us for more info and a member of our team will be in touch. You can also book and pay online at www.driversdomainuk.com/book/ should you wish.