Advanced & Defensive Driving Courses Aberdeen
We have provided advanced and defensive driving courses for a number of companies and private customers too, that are based in and around the area of Aberdeen. Due to its location, not all advanced driver training companies have trainers that can provide sessions in this city. However, we have a number of tutors based in the Aberdeen area that can come to your office or home to start the training.
Depending on how long you wish to receive training, either a half-day (3.5hrs) or a full day (7hrs) most training in Aberdeen involves an element of urban driving – where we often use the centre of the city. For rural training, we head out towards Stonehaven, or up towards Peterhead.
Our bespoke training is what divides us from other driver trainers. The notion of a rigid tick box driving course fills us with terror. They’re uninspiring, dull and infrequently get the most from a driver. So when we talk about “bespoke training”, what do we really mean?
We look at training the same way we look at our clients, whether business or private; each one is individual. Every driver is different with regards to driving, based on both internal and external factors. Internal elements are characteristics such as personality, emotions, attention. External factors are elements such as years of driving experience, mileage covered, positive and negative encounters etc.
Deciding to use us for your driver training needs, comes with a number of advantages that include:
* One to one driver training
* Full UK coverage
* We only use DVSA registered fleet/advanced driving instructors
* You have a personal account manager to arrange your courses and look after you before, during and after a course
* All training is bespoke to the driver’s needs and requirements
* Full reporting for each driver, which measurers their driving before and after the training
We cover Aberdeen and all of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Due to the rural location of Aberdeen, we focus a great deal on advanced driving techniques that are best suited to challenging, rural roads, specifically looking at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
Our courses do vary in structure, although we have a number of courses based on duration
2 x 3.5hr sessions
3 x 3.5hr sessions
4 x 3.5r sessions
5 x 3.5hr sessions
Remember – Each driving course is bespoke to your own needs. This applies to both business and individual customers across the UK
We can offer training on a 2:1 basis, where one driver can go out in the morning and one in the afternoon, and is very popular due to the cost and time savings. It is also the easiest way to train a larger number of drivers, should this be your case. Each driver received a full driving report after training, an essential document for demonstrating your duty of care as an employer.
We score a driver in over 20 areas of driving both before and after a course, from Excellent to Poor, so you can see the areas of development, in what areas, along with written notes from the tutor. Each driver taking the training will also be rated an overall road risk from low to high.
Please contact us today for a quote and more information on how we can help you, with your advanced driver training.