We have around 30 tutors based in and around Kingston-Upon-Hull that can help your business reduce the road risk of your drivers.
Our advanced driving courses are designed to:
* Improve observation and anticipation
* Remove ingrained, bad habits
* Increase concentration
* Improve car control
* Develop a positive attitude to safe driving
* How to deal with driving in adverse weather
* Address any specific issues for a given driver
We cover this location + All of the UK – We come to you for the training:
We provide bespoke advanced/defensive driver training to companies and private individuals, using our national network of DVSA registered advanced driving instructors.
Our courses cover three main road types:
Motorway – From Hull we have a range of motorways including the M181, M180, M62, M1, M18, A1(M) which we can provide training on. We are rather spoilt for choice! Motorway training allows us to help train a driver to become more observant, understand the specific issues faced with motorway driving, and how to become an overall safer motorway driver.
Rural Roads – Adverse weather, poor road surfaces, twists and turns, changing cambers, farm machinery, and high speeds are some of the things which make rural roads so dangerous. Mile for mile they are the most dangerous roads in the UK. Our training helps drivers understand the unique nature of these roads!
From Hull we head out often north towards Bridlington on a range of rural roads including the A165 though villages such as Long Riston, Skirlaugh, Tickton and many more. Sometimes we head south towards Market Rasen and on route towards Lincoln, where there are lots of challenging rural roads.
Urban Roads – Sometimes we use the centre of Hull, but we may also use other towns when on an advanced course. If we are bypassing Market Rasen for example it maybe convenient to cover elements of urban driving there. Sometimes this urban training, which includes dealing with lower speed limits, dense traffic management and dealing with cyclists and pedestrians can take place in Lincoln. The exact route can be discussed with your tutor on the day.
During a session we typically look at:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Developing a positive attitude towards safer driving
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car or van control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Driving in heavy traffic and allowing adequate space
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
For more information and a quote – and to find out about availability in your area, please get in touch, and a member of our team will be delighted to help.